News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello

Started by fury, January 02, 2022, 06:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fury

Hey everyone. I'm a 20 turning 21, and I'm pretty excited about that. (Legal beer, bars, and stuff)

I'm starting college soon and one of the things that I'm interested in is computer animation. I get fascinated looking
at the great CGI in movies like Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, etc.

I don't know if this is your cup of tea, but yeah

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Blackleaf

Welcome! Where do you fall, as far as religious beliefs go?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Welcome.  And whatever floats your boat, go for it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

the_antithesis

So, you're a furry?

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: the_antithesis on January 02, 2022, 09:03:25 PM
So, you're a furry?

A big tittied one according to the avatar.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mr.Obvious

Welcome to our little band of heathens.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

fury

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 02, 2022, 08:27:21 PM
Welcome! Where do you fall, as far as religious beliefs go?

I would say I'm a non-religious theist.

the_antithesis

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on January 02, 2022, 09:16:12 PM
A big tittied one according to the avatar.

I see...

Wuts wid dat?

Dark Lightning

Gawdzilla Sama

I would have gone into CAD/CAM if I had a clue such existed. (I started Purdue in 1990.) I'm no artist but I can actualize a vision with zeal. Good luck to ya.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Dantalion

Cool buddy, the best of luck to you. Get good at it. Make lots of money. Be happy. Start a family. At your age, you should be trying very hard to find a partner, but don’t fuck off your obligations in school to find a partner. Strike a balance with both. Get married, have kids, because your sole purpose on this Earth as a carnal animal is to breed.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Dantalion on January 25, 2022, 09:18:41 AM
Get married, have kids, because your sole purpose on this Earth as a carnal animal is to breed.
Must disagree.  His life has no 'purpose'; not an official one, that is.  The only purpose he could have is the one(s) he takes on as his.  What the purpose of my life is/was is solely up to me.  And I can change my mind about it as often as I like.  I like what Joseph Campbell had to say--the purpose of life is life.  And that's it.  In fact, I don't have to have a purpose--I just am, and that's that.  So, how could you know what his purpose is or should be?  You don't.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?