News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Did Hubble can it wrong?

Started by josephpalazzo, November 01, 2014, 11:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

In this blog, http://soi.blogspot.ca/2014/11/the-equivalence-principle-and-big-bang.html, I explore the idea that Hubble failed to notice an important aspect of Einstein’s Equivalence Principle.Any comment will be appreciated.

Solitary

This is exactally what I have thought. When we get farther and farther away from a light source it gets dimmer from loosing energy because of gravity. When light gets dimmer it red shifts in a high gravitational field. I don't think Einstein's greatest blunder was a blunder. Also, it is possible the universe is spinning causing acceleration of the galaxies and not static. This could be tested by looking at different galaxies and determining their acceleration from our galaxy.     
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Solitary on November 01, 2014, 04:17:11 PM
This is exactally what I have thought. When we get farther and farther away from a light source it gets dimmer from loosing energy because of gravity. When light gets dimmer it red shifts in a high gravitational field. I don't think Einstein's greatest blunder was a blunder. Also, it is possible the universe is spinning causing acceleration of the galaxies and not static. This could be tested by looking at different galaxies and determining their acceleration from our galaxy.     

The dimming part is due to distance, the further you are from the light source, the dimmer light appears. The gravitational shifting depends not on the distance but due to the fact that light moves against gravity (redshifting), or moves with gravity (blueshifting). This gravitational shifting was deducted by Einstein on account that light has to lose energy when moving against gravity(redshifting), or gain energy when moving with gravity (blueshifting). But the most important idea from Einstein though is that he coupled this gravitational shifting to the Doppler Effect, something that Hubble failed to grasp its importance. 

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.