News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Satan's opinion on halloween

Started by MagetheEntertainer, October 31, 2014, 06:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagetheEntertainer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC1H-Duti3U

Satan finally speaks out about all this dirty being thrown on his holiday, don't ever fuck with Satan.

Munch

Pat robertson makes me think of a grandfather in texas chainsaw massacre
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

When I was a little kid, Halloween was second only to Christmas.  We would wear our costumes to school.  We used to leave the building in the afternoon and have a parade around the neighborhood.  I can't remember a single person lined up outside their houses to watch the parade, but none the less, it was a parade and we all thought it was great fun to be walking around outside on school time in our costumes.  Ahh, the simple pleasures of childhood (you know, it never occurred to me how pointless that parade actually was).

After school, we would go from door to door begging for candy.  What a great holiday it was. 

Munch

I still quite like halloween, I love this time of the year when its cooler and you got crisp nights. I like baking stuff and I honestly love pumpkin pie, which is something almost nobody in the uk tries to bake, but I do it every year.

I've also discovered how nice roast pumpkin seeds are with some olive oil and salt.

And lastly, I like having a new horror movie or two to watch on this night, I even make sure i have a box of chocolates ready for trick or treaters at my door.

And in a way, having Pat Robertson saying its a satanic holiday just makes it feel better somehow.

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on October 31, 2014, 08:48:06 AM

And in a way, having Pat Robertson saying its a satanic holiday just makes it feel better somehow.

Yeah, it's all just pretending, and pretending is fun.  I suppose Pat Robertson knows what he's talking about, but I don't think about Satan at Halloween.  It's more about Spiderman and the Fairy Princess and  "spooky" decorations.  I don't know what the pagans worshiped on their holiday.  Was it actually Satan, or was it just NOT Jesus, which pisses off Pat Robertson so much?

Oh my, the things Christians get their noses out of joint over never ceases to amaze me.

Munch

Quote from: SGOS on October 31, 2014, 09:16:34 AM
Yeah, it's all just pretending, and pretending is fun.  I suppose Pat Robertson knows what he's talking about, but I don't think about Satan at Halloween.  It's more about Spiderman and the Fairy Princess and  "spooky" decorations.  I don't know what the pagans worshiped on their holiday.  Was it actually Satan, or was it just NOT Jesus, which pisses off Pat Robertson so much?

Oh my, the things Christians get their noses out of joint over never ceases to amaze me.

You know the biggest irony? While I doubt almost any christians know about it or even if told they'd deny it, but christmas is a holiday that was stolen by Christians, the roman feast of Saturnalia, which had great eating, drinking, orgies and a sacrifice. Christians just came in like so much they did with other holidays and made it there own, tarmacing over the orignal holiday.

personally, forgetting about the sacrifice part, if each christmas could be celebrated in that way, with a large house orgy instead of family and awkward gift giving, it feel so much better.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on October 31, 2014, 09:16:34 AMI don't know what the pagans worshiped on their holiday.  Was it actually Satan, or was it just NOT Jesus, which pisses off Pat Robertson so much?
Well, Halloween is concurrent with the pagan holiday of Sahmain.  Livestock were slaughtered, bonfires lit, and rituals were performed to curry the favor of the gods and nature spirits.  Unsurprisingly, Satan is not mentioned.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 31, 2014, 11:48:05 AM
Well, Halloween is concurrent with the pagan holiday of Sahmain.  Livestock were slaughtered, bonfires lit, and rituals were performed to curry the favor of the gods and nature spirits.  Unsurprisingly, Satan is not mentioned.
Figures.