If You Care About Your Rights And Womens Rights---VOTE DEMOCRAT!

Started by Solitary, October 28, 2014, 10:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Atheon

I vote Democratic for one reason: to counter the Republicans.

Not voting helps the Republicans. Voting 3rd party helps the Republicans. Voting Democratic hurts the Republicans.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Minimalist

The democrats are not great.  They are merely the only other choice than the republicunts who are despicable.

I've already voted.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Savior2006

Quote from: Atheon on October 28, 2014, 11:52:09 PM
I vote Democratic for one reason: to counter the Republicans.

Not voting helps the Republicans. Voting 3rd party helps the Republicans. Voting Democratic hurts the Republicans.

I remember once a "Cupp" Atheist "Libertarian" told me that by voting against Republicans I was cutting of my nose to spite my face. I told him with a smile on my face that I was cutting off the Republicans nose to spite his face.

That's really where we are at in 2014. With a mediocre party that gave us Obama and a party full of religious fundy dipshits like Bachmann and Santorum.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Gawdzilla Sama

"You may not have anyone to vote FOR in an election, but there is always someone to vote AGAINST."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

The polling is all over the place this year from Democrats holding the senate to Republicans taking it over and of course the corporate press is pushing for the rube sweep which is why it's imperative that Democrats GOTV. If we GOTV we win, it's as simple as that.
I had planned to vote in Ohio, but the move to SC to care for my dad tossed a wrench in things and voting here is like kissing your sister so I've chipped in $ to Democratic campaigns where I can and $ to GOTV. In case you are unaware GOTV=Get Out the Vote..http://www.democrats.com/2010-gotv
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

You may not be aware, but in many states, ESPECIALLY red states with republican secretary of states your vote might not even be counted regardless of whether you are registered to vote or not. They can simply trash your ballot, call it provisional and never count it.. It's time to end selective vote counting..

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 29, 2014, 07:01:14 AM
"You may not have anyone to vote FOR in an election, but there is always someone to vote AGAINST."

In those races I don't vote.  I only vote for someone, I refuse to pick the lesser of two evils.  Everyone else is so busy looking at the word "lesser" they lose sight of the word "evil".
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

AllPurposeAtheist

Sometimes it's the lesser evil of the lessers.. Still, if the choice is having your balls pounded flat with a rubber mallet or being slapped across the face it's probably a good idea to pick early..

Atheon

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on October 29, 2014, 03:30:43 PM
In those races I don't vote.  I only vote for someone, I refuse to pick the lesser of two evils.  Everyone else is so busy looking at the word "lesser" they lose sight of the word "evil".
There's always going to be some evil. Not voting helps the greater evil win. I'd rather be spat at in the face than nailed to a cross.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

AllPurposeAtheist

It's all over till the fat lady sings.. Rubes take the senate and the fucking turtle is majority leader.. Fuck..

Atheon

That's what happens when you don't vote. The bad guys win.

Always vote.

Always vote.

SGOS

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on October 29, 2014, 03:30:43 PM
In those races I don't vote.  I only vote for someone, I refuse to pick the lesser of two evils.
I'm pretty much the same way.  I need something to vote for, not against.  Last night's loss for Democrats does not surprise me.  Liberals were too uninspired to turn out in large numbers to vote for Democrats.

Atheon

Tried to link directly to the picture but it's not working.

The picture here illustrates the problem of not voting perfectly.

http://blog.chron.com/nickanderson/2014/11/voter-apathy/

You can't kill the GOP by not voting. You can't kill the GOP by voting 3rd party. You can't kill the GOP by voting GOP.

The only way to kill the GOP once and for all is to vote Democratic. 2016, here we come.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: SGOS on November 05, 2014, 06:15:37 AM
I'm pretty much the same way.  I need something to vote for, not against.  Last night's loss for Democrats does not surprise me.  Liberals were too uninspired to turn out in large numbers to vote for Democrats.

Voter suppression and CU didn't help. We now have a Koch congress.