The Myth Of The Tiny Radical Muslim Minority

Started by stromboli, October 24, 2014, 11:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

My apologies to PR126. Didn't see the post on that thread.

Solitary

All religions are based on lies, delusions, ancient text, superstitious nonsense, insanity, ignorance thinking it is knowledge, magical thinking, bigotry, hatefulness of any belief that is different, misogyny, prejudice, intolerance, authority figures that know no more than the faithful, all of which are believed because of the word of their God, or gods, and justified whether right or wrong, by childish people that have not grown up to be adults that still need a mommy and daddy to tell them how to act, or they go by God's word, or many other  gods they believe in.  :axe: :wall: :toilet: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

pr126

All gods, all religions ever existed are man made without exeption.
Some worse than others.

pr126

Quote from: stromboli on October 25, 2014, 11:41:33 AM
My apologies to PR126. Didn't see the post on that thread.
No worries, at least it gets discussed here. It was lost on the other thread.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: stromboli on October 25, 2014, 11:27:44 AM
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/opinion-polls.htm

This source quotes multiple polls over a period of time and includes Pew and several news media sources. Some of the information is old, but still indicates an attitude  Please read the article and decide for yourself.

But how many innocent civilians were killed by Americans with drones and bombings in Iraq,  Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, and so on?  (Hint: it's in the 5 digits) And most Americans believe this is alright? From the POV of these people, Americans are the radicals. Emphasizing that Islam is a dangerous religion is the wrong strategy. Better to employ our security agencies to focus on the radicals that could act and commit terrorist acts. 

josephpalazzo

Quote from: SGOS on October 25, 2014, 10:01:33 AM
That doesn't automatically put them in the terrorist camp, but it suggests a level of sympathy towards terrorism that raises red flags.  When is an honor killing ever justified!?  That sounds like pretty radical thinking to me.  While there is a level of sympathy there, the questions are how deep does it run and how widespread is it?  The numbers don't indicate the depth, putting everyone in a position where they must rely on their own opinion.

And how many states have the death penalty, and that can be easily construed as radical. IOW, is their worst worse than our worst? (It's a mouthful). Unless, someone is actively acting to perpetrate the killing of innocent based on some ideology, then just because they believe in something at odds with our values does not necessarily make them radicals. 

Solitary

It's called collateral damage by the military.  It happens in war, but it is still the radical religious, on either side, that causes it to happen. When we invaded Iraq based on a lie that made everyone that was involved say OK, do it! It started the war, but it has nothing to do with the basic Islamic beliefs that justify violence and Sharia law in the name of Allah that was going on for thousands of years. Two wrongs don't make a right. What's the answer? I don't have a clue, do you?   
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SGOS

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 25, 2014, 12:31:51 PM
is their worst worse than our worst? (It's a mouthful). 
Generally, the West believes it to be so, as we bomb their wedding parties, and they think the West is vile, as they stone their women.  Yes, it's a mouthful.

stromboli

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 25, 2014, 12:22:59 PM
But how many innocent civilians were killed by Americans with drones and bombings in Iraq,  Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, and so on?  (Hint: it's in the 5 digits) And most Americans believe this is alright? From the POV of these people, Americans are the radicals. Emphasizing that Islam is a dangerous religion is the wrong strategy. Better to employ our security agencies to focus on the radicals that could act and commit terrorist acts. 

I don't disagree. All religion is evil- and we see from the west while Islam sees from the east. But the concern to me is that the danger is growing in the west. Islam is the fastest growing religion.
http://www.answering-christianity.com/yahya_ahmed/islam_fasting_growing_religion_world.htm

And the strategy of Islam for centuries is to populate a region and when they reach numbers significant enough to have a political impact, have made efforts to implement Sharia Law.

Sharia Law in Britain:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2587215/Sharia-Law-enshrined-British-legal-lawyers-guidelines-drawing-documents-according-Islamic-rules.html

QuoteTop lawyers have written guidelines for British solicitors on drafting 'sharia-compliant' wills which can deny women an equal share of their inheritance and entirely exclude non-believers, it was revealed today.
The Law Society, which represents solicitors in England and Wales, has written a guide on Sharia succession rules that will be used in British courts. It will mean that children born outside of marriage and adopted children could also be denied their fair share.
The guide states: 'No distinction is made between children of different marriages, but illegitimate and adopted children are not Sharia heirs.

France:

QuoteSharia in France: Muslims attack man for eating ham sandwich

Anywhere Islamic law and Western law conflict, it is Western law that must give way.And herein lies the fundamental difference between Islamic law (the sharia), Canon law and Jewish law: Canon law applies to Roman Catholics, Jewish law to Jews, but Islamic law asserts its punitive authority over non-Muslims, and Muslims (even those in Western nations) impose it by force and other means.This defines Islamic supremacism.Stay on top of what’s really happening. Follow me on Twitter here. Like me on Facebook here. Sharia France: Muslims assault man for eating ham sandwich (thanks to Robert Spencer)The principle is very simple: in Muslim countries, one must conform one’s behavior to Islamic sensibilities. And in non-Muslim countries, one must conform one’s behavior to Islamic sensibilities. “Vive Le Vibrancy! In France Muslims Will Assault You For Eating A Ham Sandwich,” Blazing Cat Fur, June 19, 2014:NB â€" Google Translate â€" The case seems absurd, but it is being treated with the utmost seriousness by the police from Reims (Marne). A 23 year old man filed a complaint on June 8, after being attacked, around 21:30 on a tram in the city by two strangers.

You can go to many western countries and pull up similar accounts of efforts by Muslims to enforce their beliefs on the larger population.

The issue of terrorism is not what bothers me so much as the fact that there is tacit acceptance of it amongst a much larger body of Muslims. Somebody is supporting terrorism, to the tune of millions of dollars. ISIS has tanks, they are a legitimate army, and they are continually recruiting new members.  Where are they recruiting from? From the ranks of Muslims around the world. ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Qaeda- The US State department lists 26 Muslim terrorist organizations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism#United_States

Who is funding them? All 26 organizations have money at their disposal to equip themselves and carry out raids  and acts of insurgency. My point is that the bigger picture is one of an overall attitude among Muslims that there is justification for these acts for the purpose of imposing Islam on the world at large. And we all have seen all the quotes from the Quran that justify it.

pr126

America and NATO has gone to war in Afghanistan over 10 years ago.
There is no purpose in this war or the will to win the war.
What is there to win exactly? What is the goal?
Why carry on wasting men and materiel in something so pointless?

The US Army are social workers in a country that is unwilling and unteachable?

How many armies tried and failed there in the past for whatever reason?

stromboli

No question we have bought into the total war scenario that justifies the military industrial complex. A former friend of mine is a retired Air Force Master Sergeant that works for Boeing. He has a very nice income. I was offered a job with a civilian contractor when I left the DOD because of the work I did. I turned it down because they were even more odious than the people I was working for.

there is also no question that we have grossly exacerbated the problem with our actions. My oldest son is a medically retired Army First Sergeant with 2 tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. He told me a few times that all we are doing is teaching the terrorists tactics to fight better with. He also said that the people of Iraq are still fighting over grievances centuries old, and are in a continual state of internal as well as external conflict.

Think of the circle the wagons mentality of the xtians, and ramp that up to the level of violent paranoia.

pr126

The only visible part of jihad is terrorism. The invisible part is more insidious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If5gXh7uVIo

stromboli

I'll be honest- I put this on here because it is controversial just to stir the fucking pot. Little troublemaker me. :biggrin:

pr126

Quote from: stromboli on October 25, 2014, 01:27:09 PM
I'll be honest- I put this on here because it is controversial just to stir the fucking pot. Little troublemaker me. :biggrin:
It is controversial on AF.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: stromboli on October 25, 2014, 01:02:46 PM

And the strategy of Islam for centuries is to populate a region and when they
reach numbers significant enough to have a political impact, have made efforts
to implement Sharia Law.

Sharia Law in Britain:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2587215/Sharia-Law-enshrined-British-legal-lawyers-guidelines-drawing-documents-according-Islamic-rules.html

France:

You can go to many western countries and pull up similar accounts of efforts
by Muslims to enforce their beliefs on the larger population.

You can't compare Europe with the US. One big difference is that in Europe the Left is very strong, and it alternates with the Right in governance. When the Left parties get into power, they've often sympathised with the Muslims as they see them part of the marginalized, downtrodden minority that needs help from the government. The backlash is that Muslims have exploited this to their advantage. In the US, the parties are extreme right (Republicans) and center ( Democrats). The chances that Muslims in America getting their sharia accepted are very remote.