News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Thoughts on Bronies

Started by Munch, October 24, 2014, 02:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

It's a legitimate grievance, the only real male influence is discord and we all know him
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on March 07, 2017, 08:01:52 PMyeah that always seemed a weird twist to have them grown adults in one universe but young teens in another. And how does that work for twilight when she jumps between worlds?
My headcanon is that Equestria Girls is pony-created fiction.  Think about it:  humans having technicolor skin makes no sense from a human perspective, but makes perfect sense from the perspective of a technicolor pony imagining a human world.

Quotemale characters with a strong level of masculinity are relegated to being either extremely evil or antagonistic (Sombra, Tirak, Iron will), being incredibly stupid or damselish (Bulk Bicep, Shining Armor) or just having little to no characterization from a few lines (Big Mac).
Now its had a lot of one shot male characters showing a variety, and of course you have ones like discord, whos still the best character on the show, but outside of him, all the other main stay male characters are just lacking in character or presentation.
Yeah, that bugs me, too.  Though I haven't seen the latest episodes, so they might've corrected that flaw and I just don't know about it yet.  Hopefully, someday either the main show or spinoff will be properly co-ed.

Munch

I've seen up to the latest series, I'd say the most recently developed male character on the show was thorax, who was a limp noodle until the power of loooove saved him and everyone else.

Really though discord was once again best character in it.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 25, 2014, 11:47:27 PM
I don't like the sun. I go outside when it's dark out.
Apparently, God likes the darkness, too!

1 Kings 8:12
QuoteThen spake Solomon, The LORD said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.
2 Chronicles 6:1
QuoteThen said Solomon, The LORD said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.
Psalm 18:11
QuoteHe made darkness his secret place; his pavillion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
Psalm 97:2
QuoteClouds and darkness are round about him: righteousness and judgement are the habitation of his throne.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Deities are into "smoke and mirrors" much like the Wizard of Oz.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Munch

Sorginak

GrinningYMIR

Cavebear

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on March 14, 2017, 11:51:17 AM

You know you are old when people refer to a fad you didn't even know existed...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

Been a while since this was used, but, seemed a time to do so, and rather then making a new thread. I'm subscribed to Mad Munchkin, love her videos and this one cropped up. I have sometimes watched the 'Bronies react' videos, since I liked the kind of humor and cynicism that goes into the reviews, I don't know its community that well but have subscribed to some of their channels since they do other stuff besides my little pony reviews and react videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVhO0yyWzfw&t=2s

I've never even heard of the guy their talking about before, but certain he's probably cropped up in one of their collaboration reviews. Even though I only occasionally look whats happening with this niche community, its still disturbing, and questionable about what happened with this one.

To sum up, a bronie by the name of Toonkritic, who many of the most popular bronie community members was a friend to, confessed on a live feed not long ago to having been sexually grooming a 10 year old child over skype for a while now. The news broke, and from all sounds of it they arrested the guy. Many of them made videos about this, some trying to soft tone the events, some speaking about their feelings on the matter, some not saying anything at all but dealing with it since it was a friend to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIq6U0XZK3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y2EG2wAAFo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWmpdqQPWHM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_zXfoBM2s

However, in contrast, someone directed to this youtuber, who is someone I use to be subscribed to. I unsubbed from them because tbh, they became a little far to over opinionated and brutal in what they said about just about everything, and had this to say on the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHp76fMdEXo

pretty much the only one in this group who just went balls to the wall ripping the guy a new one, and also some alarming 'truths' about, how genuine it is, thats up for debate, but it does paint this section of the mlp fandom in a pretty bad way if stuff like this happens and nothing gets done about it.

I know we've got a couple mlp fans on the forums here and just wanted to get your thoughts on this here, though it does extend to more then just this fandom, such as people willing to remain silent about these things, out of fear of ridicule maybe, fear of being thought of as part of the problem?

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on January 29, 2018, 06:54:43 PMI know we've got a couple mlp fans on the forums here and just wanted to get your thoughts on this here
I kinda dropped off the radar a couple of years ago.  I still enjoy some drawfriend threads, but that's about it.  No idea who this guy is but it sounds pretty messed up.

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 29, 2018, 07:55:08 PM
I kinda dropped off the radar a couple of years ago.  I still enjoy some drawfriend threads, but that's about it.  No idea who this guy is but it sounds pretty messed up.

yeah. on the one hand I can sort of understand where some of them are coming from, he was their friend and as far as they knew he was just eccentric. He'd been lying to there faces for years now, and it was heartbreaking for them to deal with the reality of his decent.
That said, lily peet, who can be so massively aggressive on issues, was right on many points, begging the question how long did they know about it, did they only reveal this now because the 10 year old girl reported it and they wanted to keep this from being made public? Was this something that all came out now to many of them?

GrinningYMIR

I still enjoy the series and fandom and rainbow dash but Im not as active as  was a couple years ago. I miss it but I find it to be odd kinda, I'm sad to see it come to this. Very sad indeed.

GrinningYMIR