Author Topic: Thoughts on Bronies  (Read 26381 times)

Offline GrinningYMIR

Re: Thoughts on Bronies
« Reply #525 on: March 08, 2017, 03:10:39 PM »
It's a legitimate grievance, the only real male influence is discord and we all know him
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"

Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

« Reply #526 on: March 08, 2017, 05:11:18 PM »
yeah that always seemed a weird twist to have them grown adults in one universe but young teens in another. And how does that work for twilight when she jumps between worlds?
My headcanon is that Equestria Girls is pony-created fiction.  Think about it:  humans having technicolor skin makes no sense from a human perspective, but makes perfect sense from the perspective of a technicolor pony imagining a human world.

male characters with a strong level of masculinity are relegated to being either extremely evil or antagonistic (Sombra, Tirak, Iron will), being incredibly stupid or damselish (Bulk Bicep, Shining Armor) or just having little to no characterization from a few lines (Big Mac).
Now its had a lot of one shot male characters showing a variety, and of course you have ones like discord, whos still the best character on the show, but outside of him, all the other main stay male characters are just lacking in character or presentation.
Yeah, that bugs me, too.  Though I haven't seen the latest episodes, so they might've corrected that flaw and I just don't know about it yet.  Hopefully, someday either the main show or spinoff will be properly co-ed.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 05:41:55 PM by Hydra009 »

Online Munch (OP)

« Reply #527 on: March 08, 2017, 08:13:26 PM »
I've seen up to the latest series, I'd say the most recently developed male character on the show was thorax, who was a limp noodle until the power of loooove saved him and everyone else.

Really though discord was once again best character in it.

« Reply #528 on: March 08, 2017, 08:29:11 PM »
I don't like the sun. I go outside when it's dark out.
Apparently, God likes the darkness, too!

1 Kings 8:12
Then spake Solomon, The LORD said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.
2 Chronicles 6:1
Then said Solomon, The LORD said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.
Psalm 18:11
He made darkness his secret place; his pavillion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
Psalm 97:2
Clouds and darkness are round about him: righteousness and judgement are the habitation of his throne.
God Not Found
"FRAUD. The life of commerce, the soul of religion, the bait of courtship, and the basis of political power."
Ambrose Bierce

Offline Baruch

« Reply #529 on: March 08, 2017, 11:38:47 PM »
Deities are into "smoke and mirrors" much like the Wizard of Oz.
שלום

Offline GrinningYMIR

« Reply #530 on: March 09, 2017, 01:18:16 PM »
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"

Online Munch (OP)

« Reply #531 on: March 13, 2017, 07:01:38 PM »

Offline Sorginak

« Reply #532 on: March 13, 2017, 07:12:09 PM »
Religion is primitive, inventive nonsense.

Offline GrinningYMIR

« Reply #533 on: March 14, 2017, 11:51:17 AM »

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #534 on: March 14, 2017, 12:07:29 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

You know you are old when people refer to a fad you didn't even know existed...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead