News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Thoughts on Bronies

Started by Munch, October 24, 2014, 02:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

I have fair skin to the point where I burn at the drop of a hat, and I worked outside four days a week for 5-12 hours for six months, didn't tan a bit.

As for Bronies, I'll probably end up watching it when I'm in Dallas next week, not much else to do, you'll know if I make my profile pic into rainbow dash

a ponified version of Liara could work too
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Atheon

My question: why My Little Pony, and not some other children's show? Why so random?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

GrinningYMIR

Oh pinky pie! you're so random!
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on October 27, 2014, 02:12:49 PMMy question: why My Little Pony, and not some other children's show? Why so random?
There are adult followings for other shows, too.  This one just got way more of them than normal.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 27, 2014, 02:57:49 PM
There are adult followings for other shows, too.  This one just got way more of them than normal.
I'm guessing because it's good? I have to check this out now.

I remember the first time I looked back at "Hey Arnold!" I had a new appreciation for it and in fact liked the show even more for the things only adults could get, despite it being a "kid's cartoon" I never saw MLP, but I'm definitely intrigued.

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 27, 2014, 03:03:39 PM
I'm guessing because it's good? I have to check this out now.
Yep.  Plus, there are some fantastic fan videos.  Sturgeon's law applies, but given the sheer volume, there's lots of really great hits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfj0GjzyUSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMh7yktC2u0

PickelledEggs

That first song gave me a headache, but the second one wasn't that bad. I just get nauseous from that type of music in general (the first song)

Munch

I love this series.

Hey Hey HEY, Stay outta my shed.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

GrinningYMIR

Awww. I like flutterwonder

my favorite brony song

The Skeletal Atheist

Are they hurting anyone? No? Then I don't really care.

Sorry, what I meant was STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE!
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on October 27, 2014, 08:22:36 PM
Awww. I like flutterwonder

my favorite brony song
lol I just usually don't like techno music. There are some that I like, but it's usually something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP4bZABnhOQ

GrinningYMIR

oh, and just to clear the air, Dinky doo its Derpy's daughter. the Fanon is Canon

Munch

Ah derpy, proving the power of extreme fandom and observation can lead to greater things.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin