News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

6 Types Of Atheists In America

Started by stromboli, October 18, 2014, 09:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

I'm encouraged that most people don't believe they fit into just one category.

Gawdzilla Sama

There are two types of people in the world, those who assume that people can be divided up into types and those who laugh at them when they try.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

So tonight at Dad's place the wife's family was by for dinner and there was 'grace' for dinner. Guess who passed on the hand holding and thanking the ALLMIGHTY for Kroger and Monsanto? 
Would you be shocked to learn it was yours truly?  :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GSOgymrat on October 19, 2014, 05:49:33 PM
I'm encouraged that most people don't believe they fit into just one category.
I fucking hate categories. Categories divide. This is the kind of shit that turns people against each other for no real reason at all.

All of a sudden you'll have people that think that one way of being an atheist is the "right way to be an atheist" fuck that shit. It's a spectrum of applying your non-belief a how it plays a part in your life. If someone wants to tell you how to not believe, they might as well start a religion.

stromboli

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 19, 2014, 09:32:13 PM
I fucking hate categories. Categories divide. This is the kind of shit that turns people against each other for no real reason at all.

All of a sudden you'll have people that think that one way of being an atheist is the "right way to be an atheist" fuck that shit. It's a spectrum of applying your non-belief a how it plays a part in your life. If someone wants to tell you how to not believe, they might as well start a religion.

I agree. Categories suck. I think we should start with the periodic table of elements. Who needs em'? Blood groupings? Always hated that. And Jeopardy?  Well FUCK Jeopardy.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: stromboli on October 19, 2014, 11:24:40 PM
I think we should start with the periodic table of elements. Who needs em'? Blood groupings? Always hated that. And Jeopardy?  Well FUCK Jeopardy.

What.

PickelledEggs

Seriously Stromboli, what does the categories of elements and in Jeopardy have to do with anything? Or were you just kidding and being random? I sometimes can't tell with you

stromboli

Lol. You don't want to be categorized. Nobody does. but categorization/collation is how we make sense of information. Like the periodic table, the categories in Jeopardy. That is why we have statistics and all that other shit. Arranging atheists by type doesn't define you, but it defines a larger body or group in a way that provides understanding.

Never mind. I'm wasting my time here. I've got better things to do.

Hydra009

There are two kinds of people:  people who don't like being categorized and people who are fine with it.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: stromboli on October 20, 2014, 02:51:57 AM
Lol. You don't want to be categorized. Nobody does. but categorization/collation is how we make sense of information. Like the periodic table, the categories in Jeopardy. That is why we have statistics and all that other shit. Arranging atheists by type doesn't define you, but it defines a larger body or group in a way that provides understanding.

Never mind. I'm wasting my time here. I've got better things to do.

Lol you have to be more clear in the first place. I never can tell if you're being serious, doing a corny joke, or being sarcastic. In this case you had a good point and it was lost from me not knowing what you were even saying.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 20, 2014, 02:56:27 AM
There are two kinds of people:  people who don't like being categorized and people who are fine with it.
There are 10 types of people in the world. People that know binary and people that don't.

AllPurposeAtheist

People getting classified as people really pisses me off..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Green Bottle

''Hullo Complaints Department

Yes id like to complain about the title of this thread, i mean, what about the rest of us who dont happen to live in the good old US of A, eh.
Surely it should've been titled'' 6 or mibbe more types of Atheists in the world, or, types of Unbelievers of earth, or something similar, ye know...Cos the rest of us have just as much right to not want to be Categorised or Labelled as Americans do, dooby doo dah day.....'' :kidra:

No im not drunk afore ye ask,
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

PickelledEggs

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 20, 2014, 09:33:45 AM
People getting classified as people really pisses me off..
We all know that you're a tomato, APA.

Sent from your mom

SGOS

Quote from: Green Bottle on October 20, 2014, 11:03:04 AM
''Hullo Complaints Department

Yes id like to complain about the title of this thread, i mean, what about the rest of us who dont happen to live in the good old US of A, eh.

We plan to spread our classification system to the rest of the world by winning hearts and minds.  Our Armed Forces are standing by.  Resistance is futile.