Gay marriage ban struck down in Arizona!!

Started by Atheon, October 17, 2014, 12:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

stromboli

Damn, I'm going to start a fashion line. .223 and .308 for the guys, .380 and .32 for the gals.

Now if I can just generate some interest in all those "roadkill" tshirts I got in storage...........

Savior2006

Quote from: Johan on October 17, 2014, 02:59:46 PM
One hundred and fifty years from now every single one of us will be long gone. For most of us, our names and pictures and video clips will only exist as parts of a family tree put together by a distant relative if our names pictures or video clips still exist at all. Our names and stories will not grace the pages of any history books or whatever media they end up using then.

But this year and these events we're seeing take place with gay marriage bans will be studied by every school student. The year that the supreme court and subsequently state after state after state declared bans on gay marriage unconstitutional will be required learning for every student. And like many history lessons before, most of those students will fail to understand why these events were so important or why they need to learn about it.

For them, the term gay marriage won't exist except in history texts. For them it will just be called marriage. Men women, men men, women women will all be the same. It will all just be marriage to them. One the same as any other. And it will all be so common place and acceptable and 'normal' that they will fail to understand why they need to care that there was once a time when gay people couldn't be married. I envy those lucky bastards, every one of them.

We're plenty lucky. We get to watch the noose of religious dogma get lessened from the neck of society decade after decade.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Hydra009

That's true, but I'd rather live in the future age in which that struggle is more or less already over.  It seems ridiculous that this stuff is even an issue.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Savior2006 on October 20, 2014, 01:07:48 PM
We're plenty lucky. We get to watch the noose of religious dogma get lessened from the neck of society decade after decade.
Maybe lucky for those standing on the sidelines and watching. I'd rather not live in a day and age where kids still commit suicide because they can't deal with getting shit for their perceived sexuality, and where it took me until I was 19 years old to be true and open with myself and others.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

StupidWiz

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 20, 2014, 02:48:13 PM
That's true, but I'd rather live in the future age in which that struggle is more or less already over.  It seems ridiculous that this stuff is even an issue.
I know right? I wish I was born 200 years from now... :(
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

aitm

Quote from: the_antithesis on October 18, 2014, 07:39:52 PM
Until cock ducks take off.

:eek:

:think:

:hand:

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

wolf39us

Yep, you know it's over when Arizona strikes it down!

Hydra009

Quote from: wolf39us on October 22, 2014, 10:59:02 AM
Yep, you know it's over when Arizona strikes it down!
There's still Mississippi and Alabama.  (Ever notice how all the crappy states have only the same vowel in their names?)

Atheon

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 22, 2014, 11:12:41 AM
There's still Mississippi and Alabama.  (Ever notice how all the crappy states have only the same vowel in their names?)
Arkansas... Tennessee...
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Atheon on October 22, 2014, 03:48:08 PM
Arkansas... Tennessee...
Oddly enough Georgia doesn't hold to that standard, but it's still generally shitty for your average gay guy/liberal/rational person of any strain if you live outside of any of the metro areas or college towns. Inside the metro areas can be shitty as well, but at least you can find people who are somewhat rational/not a fucking inbred.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Hydra009

eylul

Well, you can speak about the gay marriage where you live. You need to thank for it :)

Atheon

So now with Alaska officially off its temporary stay, we have a record 32 states (and also DC) where gay marriage is legal!

Florida is scheduled to become a free state on January 1, making 33... but there's still two months to go, during which time more states might join the free states club! Who's next? Ohio? Michigan? Missouri?? 
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca