What are some third parties this country needs?

Started by lyeman, October 17, 2014, 11:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyeman

Another acceptable question is, what are some third parties that need more power?

One thing we need is a party that evaluates every policy based on well-researched estimates of existing problems and the impacts of various solutions to those problems. Something like the Congressional Budget Office, but with more political power. Its main function would to be to keep everyone else in line.

We need something like the Libertarian Party to stand up for individual freedom but doesn't seem as much like a shill for big business. An "anarchist" party but without any influence from the Frankfurt School, basically.

We need a party that stands up for scientific research and defends its funding at every turn. Scientists traditionally vote Democratic, but the cuts to Nasa funding implemented by the Obama administration have made it pretty clear that the DP can't be depended on.

Atheon

We need a party of extreme-right religious loons to break off from the Republicans. That would render both the Republican Party and the far-right nutcase party weak minority parties, and allow the progressives to dominate.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

stromboli

****HOMOPHOBIC HUMOR ALERT****

We need a gay party so that we can have at least one convention without those god awful garish banners and the people in the audience won't be wearing those stupid, silly and tasteless hats.

the_antithesis

Third parties do not work in the U.S. election system. The United States uses a "first past the post" method, which inevitably leads to a two party system. Whenever a third party raises its pimple-speckled ass, it only cost the candidate that is the most similar to them of the two major parties the election. This is called the spoiler effect.

Talking about third parties before discussing voting reform to keep it from being a two party system is irresponsible.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: stromboli on October 17, 2014, 01:14:58 PM
****HOMOPHOBIC HUMOR ALERT****

We need a gay party so that we can have at least one convention without those god awful garish banners and the people in the audience won't be wearing those stupid, silly and tasteless hats.

I support this fully. You breeders are horribly tasteless when it comes to looking good at a political rally. Also your signs are cute, but tacky.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

lyeman

You can go ahead and start a thread on that if you'd like.

Or how about I make one just for you:

http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=6413.0

WOW THAT WAS HARD

The Skeletal Atheist

As per my political party, I'm think we need the Give Ebola to Congress party. Our one goal will be to give Ebola to Congress.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

the_antithesis

Quote from: lyeman on October 17, 2014, 03:40:45 PM
WOW THAT WAS HARD

You could also just shut up, but I don't think you can, can you?

lyeman

Quote from: the_antithesis on October 17, 2014, 04:24:01 PM
You could also just shut up, but I don't think you can, can you?

Yeah I'll do that lazy Internet person.

PickelledEggs

Question, lyeman: How far is your head up your ass? It seems almost like it's so far up your ass it is about to come out your mouth again, which I know is impossible, but you get the point.

lyeman

The fact that the Daily Show used an insult like that a while back made me realize how juvenile and untrustworthy the Daily Show is. Thanks, PickeledEggs!

PickelledEggs

Quote from: lyeman on October 18, 2014, 01:23:08 AM
The fact that the Daily Show used an insult like that a while back made me realize how juvenile and untrustworthy the Daily Show is. Thanks, PickeledEggs!
I didn't see that episode. Good to know.

Sent from inside your mom

lyeman

I'll bet your teenage years are loong, loong behind you. Stay gold, Ponyboy.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: lyeman on October 18, 2014, 01:28:37 AM
I'll bet your teenage years are loong, loong behind you. Stay gold, Ponyboy.
I always hated that book and movie. What a coincidence that reference came from you....  :think:

Sent from inside your dad

DunkleSeele

[mod]OK Zarus, fun is over. Purgatory time until we'll get bored with and ban you.

Enjoy, stupid[/mod]