News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Double Speak From The Vatican

Started by Solitary, October 16, 2014, 01:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

http://www.msn.com/?pc=U147&oc

two-week synod on family issues, at the Vatican, Thursday, Oct. 16, 2014.

VATICAN CITY â€" The contentious debate over the Vatican's ground-breaking overture to gays has taken a new twist.

The Vatican on Thursday released a new English translation of the draft report of bishops debating family issues. The new translation significantly alters the section about gays, diminishing the welcoming tone from the original Italian.

The report has been highly criticized by many conservative English-speaking bishops â€" Americans and Africans mostly â€" primarily because of the welcome extended to gays.

The original text contained an entire section "Welcoming homosexuals," that asked the church to provide gays a "fraternal space" and said their unions constitute a "precious support" for the partners. The new English version is entitled "Providing for homosexual persons," speaks only of "fellowship" and "valuable support."

The Vatican said English-speaking bishops requested the changes.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hydra009

What duplicitous duplicity!

Où sont mes palourdes!

Solitary

Yes, it was a dumb duplicitous duplicity! Thanks for the new word too, I learned from you!
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Poison Tree

It is hardly the first time under this Pope that an apparent softening has been quickly rolled back by conservatives. Like I've said before, no matter how nice of a guy you think this pope is, he is still he head of the same old catholic church.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Green Bottle

Listen, this pope has to be seen to be moving into the 21st century so he says stuff that makes it seem that the church is mellowing in its attitudes, but back in the real world he still holds the same old bigoted views as all the other pope's before him....
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

AllPurposeAtheist

Huh? You mean the words spoken by the pope really aren't the words directly from gods mouth?  Well if that don't beat all...
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

The Skeletal Atheist

More nice words with no nice action to back it up. My opinion remains unchanged from my "The pope is not our ally" thread.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

stromboli

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on October 17, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
More nice words with no nice action to back it up. My opinion remains unchanged from my "The pope is not our ally" thread.

Aw come on, Skeletal. All that love and that benign countenance. How can you possibly not trust the pedo pontiff?  :biggrin:

Munch

Quote from: stromboli on October 17, 2014, 01:35:08 PM
Aw come on, Skeletal. All that love and that benign countenance. How can you possibly not trust the pedo pontiff?  :biggrin:

I know the next pope!

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

StupidWiz

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on October 17, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
Yup, mine neither.
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

Munch

Well who could really believe the pope is on the side of atheists and gays and other minorities? He's the head of one of the most backwards and gold hording organisations in the world.

stromboli

100 million Catholics think this is beautiful. Everybody else is cringing.

Munch

Quote from: stromboli on October 17, 2014, 03:46:34 PM
100 million Catholics think this is beautiful. Everybody else is cringing.

oh shit.. I only give my nephews a kiss on the cheek, and we're family. This is like anyone walking into a shopping mall, picking up a random child and going full on the lips...