President Obama Called Nigger By Tea Partiers

Started by stromboli, February 15, 2013, 09:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathias

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote"You're a [n-word]!" one shouted.

"Go back to Kenya!"

Just another quick reminder America.  The rest of the world can see this.  

This is the face that you are presenting to the world.

It doesn't look good on you.

People that thinks like them don't give a shit to rest of the world...
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "Mathias"
Quote"You're a [n-word]!" one shouted.

"Go back to Kenya!"

Just another quick reminder America.  The rest of the world can see this.  

This is the face that you are presenting to the world.

It doesn't look good on you.

People that thinks like them don't give a shit to rest of the world...

That's true.

It's not like racism is only a problem in the US, either. There's been quite a few instances recently of European football team fans yelling racist chants at opposing black players. The rest of the world can see that, too, and it's arguably bigger news because of the worldwide popularity of European football. That kind of shit doesn't happen in US pro leagues much at all as far as I know, and when it does the offenders are kicked out of the stadium immediately.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

Jason78

Quote from: "SGOS"No, it doesn't look good, and I think most American's are embarrassed by such behavior.  That being said, we do have our share of bigots, but the racist tea party does offer a teaching tool for us to point out inappropriate behavior to our children.  I'm optimistic (possibly incorrectly so), that the tea party is it's own worst enemy, and will create at least some positive backlash among Americans that will react by taking a stronger stand against racism and bigotry.

It's even worse when you've got elected officials echoing the hate speech of those bigots.  Some Americans should be embarrassed by that.  The rest should be horrified.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "Jason78"It's even worse when you've got elected officials echoing the hate speech of those bigots.  Some Americans should be embarrassed by that.  The rest should be horrified.

Now that I completely agree with. Problem is, I have no say in the elections of almost every one of those embarrassing morons (with the exception of getting to vote against Christine O'Donnell). There are too many (gerrymandered) hick districts in hick states that vote idiots into Congress where they can ruin things for everyone, and there's very little that can be done about it.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

AllPurposeAtheist

Let them spout off. Put them center stage and let the public know JUST WHO THEY REALY ARE. They tossed the 2012 election away with the likes of spontaneous abortions,  etc and the circus freak show primaries.. I hope they completely bury themselves in stupid.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Quote from: "SGOS"No, it doesn't look good, and I think most American's are embarrassed by such behavior.  That being said, we do have our share of bigots, but the racist tea party does offer a teaching tool for us to point out inappropriate behavior to our children.  I'm optimistic (possibly incorrectly so), that the tea party is it's own worst enemy, and will create at least some positive backlash among Americans that will react by taking a stronger stand against racism and bigotry.

It's even worse when you've got elected officials echoing the hate speech of those bigots.  Some Americans should be embarrassed by that.  The rest should be horrified.
Most Republicans don't clearly echo the speech of the Tea Party.  However, their silence in not condemning it is loud enough.  That's embarrassing.  Even the Tea Party, at least in the past, has gone out of it's way to claim they are not about racism.  Although that claim might appear to be a questionable one.  It's like saying, I'm not a racist, but... <insert some random comment against racial minorities>.

I think the Tea Party formed as a reaction to discredit the probable election of any Democrat after the disaster of the Bush Administration.  Had a Republican been elected, I think they would have faded away, although they claim that's not true.  It seems to me that for some odd reason, the Tea Party has attracted the most racist of the right wing types.  It's like an infection that the Tea Party can't get rid of.  But it's their own fault.  During their formation, they seemed to welcome anyone who was noisy and offensive, as long as they were willing to out shout any liberal thought.

stromboli

Quote from: "SGOS"

Most Republicans don't clearly echo the speech of the Tea Party.  However, their silence in not condemning it is loud enough.  That's embarrassing.  Even the Tea Party, at least in the past, has gone out of it's way to claim they are not about racism.  Although that claim might appear to be a questionable one.  It's like saying, I'm not a racist, but... <insert some random comment against racial minorities>.

I think the Tea Party formed as a reaction to discredit the probable election of any Democrat after the disaster of the Bush Administration.  Had a Republican been elected, I think they would have faded away, although they claim that's not true.  It seems to me that for some odd reason, the Tea Party has attracted the most racist of the right wing types.  It's like an infection that the Tea Party can't get rid of.  But it's their own fault.  During their formation, they seemed to welcome anyone who was noisy and offensive, as long as they were willing to out shout any liberal thought.

The fact that their own members don't speak up loud enough is what disturbs me. There are surely people within the group that condemn this. Where are their voices?

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"
Quote from: "Jason78"It's even worse when you've got elected officials echoing the hate speech of those bigots.  Some Americans should be embarrassed by that.  The rest should be horrified.

Now that I completely agree with. Problem is, I have no say in the elections of almost every one of those embarrassing morons (with the exception of getting to vote against Christine O'Donnell). There are too many (gerrymandered) hick districts in hick states that vote idiots into Congress where they can ruin things for everyone, and there's very little that can be done about it.
There's always euthanasia.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

mykcob4

As I stated on the NRA enemies list "The NRA is on MY enemies list!"  So I state on this thread:"The Tea Party is on MY enemies list."

Colanth

Quote from: "stromboli"
Quote from: "SGOS"The fact that their own members don't speak up loud enough is what disturbs me. There are surely people within the group that condemn this.
The people who condemn racism aren't in the TP or, for the most part, in the Republican Party.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"
Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"

There's always euthanasia.
That's certainly worth looking in to.

Thumpalumpacus

It's long been obvious that both the birther "controversy" and the insistence on calling him Barack Hussein Obama have their roots in bigotry, the one racist, the other religious.

The Republicans are losing the next generation of voters, I think.
<insert witty aphorism here>

ThePilgrim101

QuoteThe fact that their own members don't speak up loud enough is what disturbs me. There are surely people within the group that condemn this. Where are their voices?

I have a hard time blaming the bystanders as compared to the actual bigots.
Quote from: \"azmhyr\"
Quote from: \"quoting\"New Testament doesn\'t Justify the banning of gays from anywhere.
Well, the old testament permabans them from life tho.

buttfinger

Quote from: "ThePilgrim101"I have a hard time blaming the bystanders as compared to the actual bigots.
I don't.  We (in general) have no problem blaming moderate Christians for not standing up to abortion-clinic bombers.  We take no issue with calling out the moderate muslims who stand silently as suicide bombers murder dozens of innocent people in the market.  Do we not have enough integrity to point the finger at those in our midst who silently abide bigotry?

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Edmund Burke"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Racism, and any other bigotry, should be disowned wherever it is noted.
<insert witty aphorism here>