President Obama Called Nigger By Tea Partiers

Started by stromboli, February 15, 2013, 09:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/02/1 ... tail=hide#

QuoteIt's apparent to everyone by now that the so-called Tea Party will protest anything that Obama supports. Education for young child? Protest! So perhaps it wasn't surprising that  a sizable crowd formed in protest. The signs featured are the usual hodge-podge of illiteracy and ignorance. However, what happened at the end of the engagement is what should really turn your stomach.

As Obama was prepared to leave, the protesters, riled up by a speaker with a megaphone, began to shout epithets at our Commander-in-Chief.

"You're a [n-word]!" one shouted.

"Go back to Kenya!"

Never mind that there were children there, being exposed to the hate, bigotry and ignorance that the American right has to offer. The administrators scrambled to shoo the children away, though undoubtedly some had heard the hurtful words that they were shouting.

I have a couple of sources at the engagement and I am working to get more information. To my knowledge, no one was arrested, though several people were trespassed off of the property. As I hear from the school coordinator and a friend who attended the event, I will update this diary with more information.

I know a couple of these people. they are scary dumb.

widdershins

Sadly, this really isn't news.  We've all known how they truly feel all along in spite of the Republican party's early attempts to cover it up and pretend it wasn't true.  Hell, I can still remember the "We're not racist!  We have a black guy!!!" arguments.
This sentence is a lie...

SGOS

It's an odd revival of the anti-civil rights attitude prior to the 1960s.  We may not have come as far as we thought.

buttfinger

Of course we have come as far as we think.  The fact that the minority is vocal doesn't change that.  Neither does the fact that the media thrives on controversy, which is easy to generate by spreading the opinions of vocal bigots.  This is merely the side effect of our beloved first amendment.  If we don't support the right of people to say terrible things, then we don't support free speech at all.

stromboli

This is the same type of Rush Limbaugh mentality about pro football coaches. Blacks are fine at every level of play but don't have the skills or capability to coach at the pro level. We love blacks this much, but rise too high and you're a nigger.

wolf39us

What is this the 60's?  Grow the fuck up people!

BarkAtTheMoon

"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

stromboli

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"You stay classy, Tea Party.

Totally. Tea Party: proof that semi-literate racist white people do exist.

buttfinger

Quote from: "stromboli"
Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"You stay classy, Tea Party.

Totally. Tea Party: proof that semi-literate racist white people do exist.
I thought that was axiomatic.

WitchSabrina

Where would a thread about the Tea Party be without this:
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Jason78

Quote"You're a [n-word]!" one shouted.

"Go back to Kenya!"

Just another quick reminder America.  The rest of the world can see this.  

This is the face that you are presenting to the world.

It doesn't look good on you.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Plu

Quote from: "buttfinger"Of course we have come as far as we think.  The fact that the minority is vocal doesn't change that.  Neither does the fact that the media thrives on controversy, which is easy to generate by spreading the opinions of vocal bigots.  This is merely the side effect of our beloved first amendment.  If we don't support the right of people to say terrible things, then we don't support free speech at all.

Letting them say these things is one thing; but there's no need to give them this much attention.

SGOS

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote"You're a [n-word]!" one shouted.

"Go back to Kenya!"

Just another quick reminder America.  The rest of the world can see this.  

This is the face that you are presenting to the world.

It doesn't look good on you.
No, it doesn't look good, and I think most American's are embarrassed by such behavior.  That being said, we do have our share of bigots, but the racist tea party does offer a teaching tool for us to point out inappropriate behavior to our children.  I'm optimistic (possibly incorrectly so), that the tea party is it's own worst enemy, and will create at least some positive backlash among Americans that will react by taking a stronger stand against racism and bigotry.

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "Plu"
Quote from: "buttfinger"Of course we have come as far as we think.  The fact that the minority is vocal doesn't change that.  Neither does the fact that the media thrives on controversy, which is easy to generate by spreading the opinions of vocal bigots.  This is merely the side effect of our beloved first amendment.  If we don't support the right of people to say terrible things, then we don't support free speech at all.

Letting them say these things is one thing; but there's no need to give them this much attention.

In a way I agree with that. But this isn't just loons like WBC saying dumb shit, this is symptomatic of an all too common attitude within a major faction of one of the two major political parties. For that reason they should to be publically shamed and ostracized for it. Ought to be the GOP doing the shaming instead of Dems & Independents, though. They're the ones that should be most embarrassed by this since they're associated with the TP jackasses and let them take their party hostage.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

SGOS

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"
Quote from: "Plu"

In a way I agree with that. But this isn't just loons like WBC saying dumb shit, this is symptomatic of an all too common attitude within a major faction of one of the two major political parties. For that reason they should to be publically shamed and ostracized for it. Ought to be the GOP doing the shaming instead of Dems & Independents, though. They're the ones that should be most embarrassed by this since they're associated with the TP jackasses and let them take their party hostage.
It puts the Republican Party between a rock and a hard place.  It forces the Republican Party more out of the mainstream.  Right now, the GOP probably doesn't mind having them around too much.  These people will vote Republican because they have limited choices.