Louis Black on voter suppression

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, October 09, 2014, 02:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Quote from: the_antithesis on October 11, 2014, 12:47:46 PM
You really need to stop talking to yourself like that.
Really? 'I know you are but what am I?' Really? What are you 12?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

the_antithesis

Quote from: Johan on October 12, 2014, 07:32:14 AM
Really? 'I know you are but what am I?' Really? What are you 12?

No, but you are, apparently.

I watched that video to see what was so bad about it that you decided to make this thread about you instead. What I saw was the kind of shaky cam bullshit that has been stupidly in vogue for the last twenty years. At least in this case it has some context where Black and that other guy are supposed to be at a photo shoot and are talking behind the scenes. Usually, commercials with sort of aesthetic doesn't even have that much.

Now, I'm not saying you're wrong. I've hated this faux documentary style since before became overused because it is stupid. But you talked about it like it was something new, when it's not, and you feel some need to defend your opinion like it matters.

I hate those stupid touchpad mice they put on laptops these days and would rather have a nice keyboard clit. But they don't have those in Best Buy, so I get to eat shit.

And you get to eat shit.

We all get to eat shit.

That's what life is about. Seeing how much shit you have to eat before you die.

Hydra009

Quote from: the_antithesis on October 12, 2014, 01:10:03 PMI hate those stupid touchpad mice they put on laptops these days and would rather have a nice keyboard clit.

:rotflmao:

the_antithesis

Johan

Quote from: the_antithesis on October 12, 2014, 01:10:03 PM

Now, I'm not saying you're wrong. I've hated this faux documentary style since before became overused because it is stupid. But you talked about it like it was something new, when it's not,
I never said the style was new. What's new, or at least unexpected to me about it is that Lewis Black is involved in it. I've seen a reasonable amount of his work and almost all of it was very good IMO. This was far from good. Its not like him to put up with that or put his name on it. That's what I found unusual about it. And yeah, I found it very distracting. So much so that i thought it got in the way of the message. If you didn't, goodie for you.

Quoteand you feel some need to defend your opinion like it matters.
Internet much? People share opinions on it. Takes some getting used to when you're new I guess. You'll get there though, just hang in there.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

lyeman

Quote from: the_antithesis on October 12, 2014, 01:10:03 PM
No, but you are, apparently.

I watched that video to see what was so bad about it that you decided to make this thread about you instead. What I saw was the kind of shaky cam bullshit that has been stupidly in vogue for the last twenty years. At least in this case it has some context where Black and that other guy are supposed to be at a photo shoot and are talking behind the scenes. Usually, commercials with sort of aesthetic doesn't even have that much.

Now, I'm not saying you're wrong. I've hated this faux documentary style since before became overused because it is stupid. But you talked about it like it was something new, when it's not, and you feel some need to defend your opinion like it matters.

I hate those stupid touchpad mice they put on laptops these days and would rather have a nice keyboard clit. But they don't have those in Best Buy, so I get to eat shit.

And you get to eat shit.

We all get to eat shit.

That's what life is about. Seeing how much shit you have to eat before you die.

tl;dr You win because you're an asshole. Is that a common tactic around here?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: lyeman on October 13, 2014, 01:35:05 AM
tl;dr You win because you're an asshole. Is that a common tactic around here?
I don't think he necessarily won.....

BUT.... THAT was the greatest genital/tech joke I have ever heard.

AllPurposeAtheist

In my Louis Black voice.... NOBODY GETS TO WIN THIS FUCKING THREAD DAMMIT! It's not a "The last asshole to post here wins" fucking thread!

Back to my normal cerebral voice...
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

lyeman

That flowchart is terrible, but it's not actually that complex. All it says is that there are like 5 different ways to get an id.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 13, 2014, 03:34:19 AM
In my Louis Black voice.... NOBODY GETS TO WIN THIS FUCKING THREAD DAMMIT! It's not a "The last asshole to post here wins" fucking thread!

Back to my normal cerebral voice...

Yeah. That's what I meant.

This isn't a contest.

Still though...  That joke was amazing.

Sent from your mom

AllPurposeAtheist

Personally I don't really care if you claim victory or get spanked on your bare ass by aunt Mildred's fancy hair brush.. :biggrin:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

the_antithesis

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 13, 2014, 03:04:42 AM
I don't think he necessarily won.....

BUT.... THAT was the greatest genital/tech joke I have ever heard.

Credit where credit is due.

lyeman

Why is voter id "racist?" Why are black people so incapable of getting ids, at least according to the democratic party and its apologists?

Jason Harvestdancer

Both parties do it, but it is really only the icing on the cake of voter fraud.  The cake itself is a three layer cake.

Layer 1: Campaign contribution limits that hurt small parties more than they hurt the big parties.  "Getting money out of politics" has actually increased the role of money in politics.
Layer 2: Ballot access restrictions that are often MORE onerous for third parties than the big parties, complete with allowing the big parties on the ballot even if they fail to qualify and sometimes leaving third parties off the ballot even when they do qualify.
Layer 3: Gerrymandered districts, so almost every district is either Republican safe or Democrat safe to the point where inside that district the other party is as powerful as a third party.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: lyeman on October 15, 2014, 11:24:52 AM
Why is voter id "racist?" Why are black people so incapable of getting ids, at least according to the democratic party and its apologists?

Watch out, that question is racist.  But yes, I think there is something very wrong with a party that says "minorities can't get IDs."
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!