"Ark Encounter" Facing Tax Issues For Not Hiring Nonbelievers

Started by stromboli, October 09, 2014, 12:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

I'm no architect, but this monstrosity is something like a 45 story building laying on its side. I think the first priority would be qualified people to build it, not what their religion is. If I've got a certified structural welder in a turban with a foot long beard, he'd be a better choice than an xtian that can't strike an arc. I'd say Ham's priorities might be a bit misplaced.

AllPurposeAtheist

How about several thousand people show up dressed up in various animal costumes..in pairs.. Or even space alien costumes.. Oh the mockery.. :biggrin:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

I just had a thought. Maybe the reason we don't have unicorns is because the pair that showed up were a gay couple and couldn't breed.  :think:

Mr.Obvious

Nah, Noah would've just helped them 'pray the gay away'. :p
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

St Giordano Bruno

Would David Letterman pass it on the will it float test? 
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: stromboli on October 31, 2014, 09:52:26 PM
I'm no architect, but this monstrosity is something like a 45 story building laying on its side. I think the first priority would be qualified people to build it, not what their religion is. If I've got a certified structural welder in a turban with a foot long beard, he'd be a better choice than an xtian that can't strike an arc. I'd say Ham's priorities might be a bit misplaced.
Qualified? HA! No need for qualifications my son.. The good lord will protect those shitty welds and the faithful who stand under tons and tons of unstable building materials.. And if it DOES fall and kill thousands then it's gods will and Mr Ham was just a vehicle of gods plans drawn up on a church bake sale napkin.. :pray:

Solitary

Repealing churches’ tax exemption makes sense, given that they are unlike not-for-profit organizations. Churches are fundamentally unlike the other kinds of groups that usually declare not-for-profit status. Charities and educational institutions, for example, serve all people equally. However, churches do not. They are free to discriminate, and do discriminate, against people who do not share their beliefs (this is called the “ministerial exemption”). They can and do discriminate against people for being gay, for being women, for being unmarried, for their age, for having health problems, or for virtually any other reason. (A recent New York Times article, “Where Faith Abides, Employees Have Few Rights“, gives more information on the liberties given to churches that would never be granted to any other employer.) At the very least, these groups should pay taxes if they intend to treat their employees in this way. Even better, this special treatment should end, and they should be held to the same anti-discrimination rules as any other business.

Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/daylightatheism/2006/10/tax-the-churches/#ixzz3HpWDLzSJ
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

You're gonna drown, but the good Christians are all gonna get to cruise on the ark with all those millions of well behaved animals..

The Great Flood: http://youtu.be/I225Vcs3X0g