"Ark Encounter" Facing Tax Issues For Not Hiring Nonbelievers

Started by stromboli, October 09, 2014, 12:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

To bad the Romans didn't offer Noah tax incentives.  Oh wait! He was before the Romans time...what, about 9 months or so? Maybe an hour and 15 minutes in bible time.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

The Skeletal Atheist

You want public benefits but you don't wanna abide by public rules? Go fuck yourself!
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Solitary

And I thought only our government could waste so much money on ridiculous projects. I wonder if the people working on it will have their life insurance and health insurance paid for out of the money not used for taxes? This reminds me of the baseball stadium built in Phoenix from tax money that is making money for the owners.  :wall:  :fU:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

The stadium in Dayton, Ohio was built on the dole too and has been sold out since opening back in the 90s. The problem is the public has never been able to buy tickets on game days because every last ticket is corporate owned.

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 11, 2014, 03:04:33 PM
The stadium in Dayton, Ohio was built on the dole too and has been sold out since opening back in the 90s. The problem is the public has never been able to buy tickets on game days because every last ticket is corporate owned.

Probably true of many if not most venues.

St Giordano Bruno

In other words you have to believe in a lot of horse shit, literally. And elephant shit, giraffe shit, hippopotamus shit, emperor penguin shit  and the list goes on.   
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

SGOS

I remember when Seattle built a new stadium.  They voted on a state wide tax increase to build it so they could have another sports team, the Seattle Something or Others.  So the huge west coast population over powered all the poor schmucks in Spokane 400 miles away on the east side of the state, and built a stadium for a privately owned team with public money.  It's actually common practice.  The owner of a team wants a new stadium, so he plays major cities against each other.  Whoever gives him the most money gets to have the team with their city's name on it.  This is capitalism.  I had a friend from the Seattle area.  He said he thought it was a good idea.  I lived in Montana, so I was unaffected.

Government tax coffers still represent a source wealth for the 1%.  This is nothing new.

justme

Too many christians...not enough lions.

These people would be the first to stomp their feet and cry like a wittle baby if they were refused a job because of their silly superstition they call their religion.

Somebody make them go away now.

Munch

Quote from: St Giordano Bruno on October 11, 2014, 11:34:56 PM
In other words you have to believe in a lot of horse shit, literally. And elephant shit, giraffe shit, hippopotamus shit, emperor penguin shit  and the list goes on.

But no kangaroo shit. Remember that, cause it be important.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 10, 2014, 06:14:23 AM
It's four hours drive or so from here. I'm going there just as soon as I have bail money saved up.

Be sure and ask, "what's behind this fascia here? Steel Ibeams? Gopher Wood was steel Ibeams?"

Gray

Quote from: Desdinova on October 09, 2014, 04:20:16 PM
It would be hilarious if this thing were washed away in a flood.  A flood of..............

wait for it.............

biblical proportions!
Ever notice how stuff of biblical proportions is never anything good?

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Gray on October 29, 2014, 07:49:10 AM
I once got a blowjob of biblical proportions, but couldn't find anything about it in scriptures so I just assumed it was just a great blowjob, but da lord werks in misteerius wayz..

Desdinova

Quote from: Gray on October 29, 2014, 07:49:10 AM

I don't know, I wish I had a dick of biblical proportions instead of fortune cookie proportions.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Youssuf Ramadan

So is this thing going to be registered in Liberia or what?...

AllPurposeAtheist

This gives me some great ideas for the 'ark' grand opening.. A few thousand atheists all show up dressed in beach attire..