News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Happy Halloween....

Started by PickelledEggs, October 31, 2014, 09:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2014/10/christian-zealot-beheads-teen-for-practicing-witchcraft/

Looking in to it, and going to the facebook page memorial some of his friends made, it looks like he was just a regular metalhead..... Really upsetting story.

Solitary

I knew it would happen sooner or later that Christians would be into beheading from their belief in the same God as Islam. And yet both are a religion of love. "Sick!" :syda: :axe: :butt: :wall:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

Why is it when I'm reminded of christian and islamic versions of 'love' they claim to represent, I imagine the Other Mother form Coraline?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

Of COURSE it's not religion.. It's about DRUGS dammit!  Drugs are the only thing that could ever make a good Christian into a psychopathic killer and want to behead someone. Remember DRUGS are bad..mkay?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Green Bottle

Ah told ye all, Religion is a fucking virus that makes you say and do crazy shit, beware of the Zombies''...
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

stromboli

Halloween is weird, period. The Ass. of God had an "All Saints Day" Nov. 2nd because Halloween is (to them) both Samhain (Pagan) and the Witches' Sabbath, or both or one and the same, whatever. Mormons ignore it and trick or treat. I've seen retaliatory celebrations for that and for xmas, minus Santa Claus or whatever. I give the kids candy. Let their teeth rot, fuck em'.

I used to like Halloween but I give a shit now.

Atheon

Loved Halloween as a kid. I have fond memories of trick-or-treating in my neighborhood. Never before sundown; always a group of kids with no parental accompaniment. The way it is supposed to be done.

I remember memorizing which houses gave out the best candy, and which gave out raisins and candy corn. I would warn other groups of kids not to go to the latter.

Still like Halloween parties and events, but haven't taken part in years. It always falls at the time I'm busiest, and the costumes are too time consuming. But I would love to go as a Jedi some day.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin