Like Many At This Site

Started by Solitary, October 09, 2014, 10:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Richard Dawkins Foundation

Stories of Deconversion

Brenda Stephens, Converts, #(2039)
Oct 8, 2014
12 years of catholic school in Scotland. That's enough to make you an atheist or a nun. My only regret is, when I was...
Mick Turner, Converts, #(2038)
Oct 8, 2014
As a Gen Y growing up through the early 90s I had experienced the time when religion was still commonplace in public schools, with...
David Fryc, Converts, #(2037)
Oct 8, 2014
Hello! I'm part of the really young generation of atheists, since I'm still in High school. I'm a Sophomore, and I truly became an...
Behnaz Mortazavi, Converts, #(2131)
Oct 8, 2014
Why did I become an atheist? I grew up in an Islamic environment where being joyful and looking well-presented were against the Sharia. From the...
Benjamin, Converts, #(2041)
Oct 8, 2014
From as early as I can remember, I was bought up by Mother to believe in a supernatural, omnipotent God. This God had a...
Donatien Cicura, Converts, #(2040)
Oct 8, 2014
My story would be very long. Just a few points. I grew up in a very Roman Catholic family in the DR Congo, and...
Our voice is being heard, and rationality is gaining in the world, even though religion is screaming: BLASPHEMY! Solitary 
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

Religion is always going to scream blasphemy, and there is right now just going to be a small percentage of athiests and logical thinkers compared to the mass of fools in the world. But times are changing and guys and girls like us don't need to hide in the shadows anymore.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Green Bottle

Quote from: Munch on October 09, 2014, 12:02:10 PM
Religion is always going to scream blasphemy, and there is right now just going to be a small percentage of athiests and logical thinkers compared to the mass of fools in the world. But times are changing and guys and girls like us don't need to hide in the shadows anymore.
Aye changing but slowly, i doubt we'll see any significant change in our lifetimes tho, but the more people who wake up the better..
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Munch

Well even 20-30 years ago being a non believer was considered against the law. My mum who wasn't ever a real believer in any faith had to declare herself church of england on any form, until such times as now where you don't have to declare your faith at all.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

My folks detoxed us as kids and let us decide on our own.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.