News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What Happened To That Garsh Darn Debate I Had?

Started by Casparov, October 05, 2014, 03:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casparov

Gee Willickers!
“The Fanatical Atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures whoâ€"in their grudge against traditional religion as the "opium of the masses"â€"cannot hear the music of other spheres.” - Albert Einstein

Hijiri Byakuren

Database error. Same reason Redsox and I had to delay our debate.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

the_antithesis

DunkleSeele

Quote from: Casparov on October 05, 2014, 03:49:52 PM
Are you ^#^%$% serious?????
And? Who do you think you are to ask such questions in such a tone?

You don't own the forum, as a matter of fact you aren't even one of its representative members. Oh, and weren't you the one who made  a pompous "I'm leaving" thread to specifically tell us that we weren't intelligent enough for you?

What happened to that thread is none of your business, period.

Casparov

Quote from: DunkleSeele on October 05, 2014, 05:32:31 PM
And? Who do you think you are to ask such questions in such a tone?

You don't own the forum, as a matter of fact you aren't even one of its representative members. Oh, and weren't you the one who made  a pompous "I'm leaving" thread to specifically tell us that we weren't intelligent enough for you?

What happened to that thread is none of your business, period.

And what if I ask nicely? What if I grovel at your feet and kiss your ring and beg for an explanation? Can I have it then?

I spent weeks of time and expended considerable effort to have the most honest and concise debate i could muster so that people could read it at a later time and see true objectivity displayed.

I feel as though Mr. Obvious and I spent three weeks building a house together that all could enjoy who cared to wonder in and look around and now it is burned to the ground. I am justifiably concerned. I have the right to ask for an explanation.
“The Fanatical Atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures whoâ€"in their grudge against traditional religion as the "opium of the masses"â€"cannot hear the music of other spheres.” - Albert Einstein

DunkleSeele

Quote from: Casparov on October 05, 2014, 05:37:28 PM
And what if I ask nicely? What if I grovel at your feet and kiss your ring and beg for an explanation? Can I have it then?
Maybe. Or maybe not.
QuoteI spent weeks of time and expended considerable effort to have the most honest and concise debate i could muster so that people could read it at a later time and see true objectivity displayed.
No, you spent weeks spamming this forum with your unfounded, unproven Chopraesque bullshit and when you got your ass whipped you left throwing a tantrum. We didn't miss you.
QuoteI feel as though Mr. Obvious and I spent three weeks building a house together that all could enjoy who cared to wonder in and look around and now it is burned to the ground.
No, Mr.Obvious displayed admirable objectivity, intellectual honesty and patience. You, on the contrary, provided only comedy material.

QuoteI am justifiably concerned. I have the right to ask for an explanation.
Here's the explanation: all posts made on this forum belong to the forum. It's up to the forum admins to do what they want with them.

Icarus

Quote from: Casparov on October 05, 2014, 05:37:28 PM

I spent weeks of time and expended considerable effort to have the most honest and concise debate i could muster so that people could read it at a later time and see true objectivity displayed.

I feel as though Mr. Obvious and I spent three weeks building a house together that all could enjoy who cared to wonder in and look around and now it is burned to the ground. I am justifiably concerned. I have the right to ask for an explanation.

Don't worry, no one's reading or would read it in the future if it was available.

GrinningYMIR

I could make a long reason about why you don't matter and why you're being an ass but I won't instead I'll just leave this

Return to wherever you came from, because you'll end up banned pretty soon either way, so better to leave with at least a tiny shred of dignity.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Casparov

Atheists: Christians with a different belief system. Say something that contradicts their beliefs and all bets are off, prepare to be viciously attacked.

So where does one go to have a intellectually honest debate about a subject? Not here obviously. They'll just delete your debate if they don't like the way it ended. HAHAHAHAHA

If nothing else I have learned a valuable lesson about Atheists today. I should have known. Oh well… What does one do in the face of blatant glorified bigotry?

DunkleSeele

You wouldn't know an intellectually honest debate if it slapped you in the face with a wet salmon.

Casparov

Quote from: DunkleSeele on October 05, 2014, 06:11:32 PM
You wouldn't know an intellectually honest debate if it slapped you in the face with a wet salmon.

Good one.

At the very least I learned a lot of things while I was here. Surprisingly I met a few really cool people. I got the opportunity to put my argument to the test against the merciless white hot coals of Atheism and came out feeling pretty good about it all.

It was my hope that the debate would be available for everyone who comes to this forum to view. When I first came to this forum the first thing I wanted to see was what was in the 1 on 1 debates section and I found nothing. It was empty. So I decided to sign up on this forum and pick a fight. I demanded a debate and I had one and did my very best. And after it was over, I left, and yes I made a farewell thread for anyone who wanted to challenge me on a point before I left. Before I could respond that thread was locked so that I could not, so I just left.

And today I return to read over what happened in the debate that Mr. Obvious and myself took weeks to complete, and I find that it has been deleted. This not surprisingly made me angry. And when asking for an explanation I am told "we don't like your kind round these parts".

THis kind of treatment is expected when I go to Christian forums and tell them I don't think the Bible is literal, but I didn't know I'd get this kind of treatment when I came to an Atheist forum and told them I didn't think Materialism is true.

Now I know.

PickelledEggs

Casparov

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 05, 2014, 03:51:55 PM
Database error. Same reason Redsox and I had to delay our debate.

Data base error or a conscious decision to delete by the administrators? What would the motivation be?

If there were a debate in which a stupid theist gets trashed in debate by an Atheist, wouldn't Atheists want to keep that around and show to everybody so they can all point and laugh at the stupid theist getting trashed 1 on 1 forever and ever? Of course!

So why would administrators want to delete a debate with a theist unless… unless….       database error!

There is no other logical reason the administrators would consciously decide to delete the debate.

wolf39us

Quote from: Casparov on October 05, 2014, 06:43:02 PM
Data base error or a conscious decision to delete by the administrators? What would the motivation be?

If there were a debate in which a stupid theist gets trashed in debate by an Atheist, wouldn't Atheists want to keep that around and show to everybody so they can all point and laugh at the stupid theist getting trashed 1 on 1 forever and ever? Of course!

So why would administrators want to delete a debate with a theist unless… unless….       database error!

There is no other logical reason the administrators would consciously decide to delete the debate.

Get your head out of your ass.  It was deleted as a result of trying to fix a server error that was giving trouble when posting any new threads.  After a post, the page would time out with a server error.  There were some errors in the threads in that particular board that I had attempted to fix but inadvertently deleted.  I could not reverse it.

The error was taken care of though.

Now stop making your stupid fucking assumptions and get off my forum if you're going to be an asshole.

Casparov

Quote from: wolf39us on October 05, 2014, 06:56:40 PM
Get your head out of your ass.  It was deleted as a result of trying to fix a server error that was giving trouble when posting any new threads.  After a post, the page would time out with a server error.  There were some errors in the threads in that particular board that I had attempted to fix but inadvertently deleted.  I could not reverse it.

The error was taken care of though.

Now stop making your stupid fucking assumptions and get off my forum if you're going to be an asshole.

Explanation received. Thank you.