News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Do you like any religious songs?

Started by MagetheEntertainer, October 04, 2014, 02:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagetheEntertainer

There are only 2 songs that I can think of that are fairly religious that I like.  The first one is Amen by Rittz the rapper.  Its about people having near death experiences and them praying when they think they are going to die, but he's a good rapper and its no overtly religious so I like it.  The second song of course is Stairway to Heaven because Led Zeppelin that's why!

Hydra009

SGOS

PickelledEggs

Does "God Am"  "Bleed the Freak"  or  "Born Again" by Alice in Chains count?

Sent from inside your mom

stromboli

Green Bottle

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

GrinningYMIR

I'm partial to a Christmas song or two, and that's about it
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

DunkleSeele

I love the whole Aqualung album by Jethro Tull which, in itself, it's quite religious. "My God" and "Hymn 43" are stunningly beautiful songs.

The whole "Jesus Christ Superstar" soundtrack.

Not really songs, but I also love Mozart's "Requiem" and Dvorak's "Stabat Mater"

Mr.Obvious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSif77IVQdY

Guilty pleasure since I saw "o' brother where art thou?". As a matter of fact, I like quite a lot of gospel.

To say it in the words of Tim Minchin:

QuoteSome of the hymns that they sing have nice chords but the lyrics are dodgy

source: http://www.guitaretab.com/t/tim-minchin/189460.html
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

stromboli

PickelledEggs

Quote from: DunkleSeele on October 04, 2014, 06:15:01 PM
I love the whole Aqualung album by Jethro Tull which, in itself, it's quite religious. "My God" and "Hymn 43" are stunningly beautiful songs.

The whole "Jesus Christ Superstar" soundtrack.

Not really songs, but I also love Mozart's "Requiem" and Dvorak's "Stabat Mater"
Aqualung is an amazing album.

stromboli

I lived with a bunch of hippies that played Aqualung so often that every time I hear "Hey! Aqualung!" I get nauseous.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: stromboli on October 04, 2014, 08:32:54 PM
I lived with a bunch of hippies that played Aqualung so often that every time I hear "Hey! Aqualung!" I get nauseous.

"SITTING ON A PARK BENCH!"

MagetheEntertainer

Wow, I post songs like Amen and Stairway to heaven and you all post borderline religious songs.  Shame on all of you :P

BTW for you rap fans this is Amen by Rittz, the third verse gives me chills everytime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqlT17eSVsE

Shiranu

I'm sure I do, I just don't think of them as religious songs so I never realize it. Matisyahu, Damian/Bob Marley and the reggae genre in general comes to mind.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur