News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

NFL Discussion Thread

Started by The Dude, February 25, 2013, 09:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Yeah, Allpurpose, you are right.  The bottom line.  Major sports (including college) is all about the bottom line.  It is big business.  Whatever effects the bottom line, then effects the game.  Until the bottom line is impacted, then nothing changes.  For Baltimore, Carolina (Hardy) and San Francisco (McDonald)--and the entire NFL, there are games to be won--that's it.  Nothing else really matters. 

I was surprised by the number of women wearing Rice jerseys at the Baltimore game.  I really shouldn't have been I guess.  But why not wear Mr. Rice jerseys, she is the victim, not Rice?  Or maybe worn them inside out---or something.  Once again it seems to me that the perpetrator of a crime gets more consideration than the victim.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Deidre32

Go Steelers, but I'm not hopeful. :/
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Deidre32 on September 13, 2014, 03:00:35 PM
Go Steelers, but I'm not hopeful. :/
Notta chance kid.. Rottenbooger is over the hill as is about half your D.. Bengals are gonna rule the AFCN roost and go one and done in the playoffs...again. .:lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

OK Aitm... 2 weeks to be ready to watch the Bengals romp all over your Pattycakes who by the way BARELY eeked past Oakland..  We'll have back Vontez Burfict and Marvin Jones and AJ's toe should be healed up and Gio Bernard and Jeremy Hill to run roughshod.. I never thought I'd feel pity for you.. :surprised:

aitm

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on September 21, 2014, 04:31:52 PM
OK Aitm... 2 weeks to be ready to watch the Bengals romp all over your Pattycakes who by the way BARELY eeked past Oakland..  We'll have back Vontez Burfict and Marvin Jones and AJ's toe should be healed up and Gio Bernard and Jeremy Hill to run roughshod.. I never thought I'd feel pity for you.. :surprised:

You should feel as confident in your team as I do mine.....sonofabitch they look pretty fucking crappy.  I don't think I have seen the pats look this bad. Good luck, I know they usually rise to the level of competition but we will see. Just for you I hope you guys win....naturally we will win the SB cause you sure as fuck ain't gonna ....HAHAHAHAHAHA.....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: aitm on September 21, 2014, 05:59:33 PM
You should feel as confident in your team as I do mine.....sonofabitch they look pretty fucking crappy.  I don't think I have seen the pats look this bad. Good luck, I know they usually rise to the level of competition but we will see. Just for you I hope you guys win....naturally we will win the SB cause you sure as fuck ain't gonna ....HAHAHAHAHAHA.....
You guts'll be lucky to get past the Jets and Rex's false teeth this year.. HAHAHA!

AllPurposeAtheist

Psssst.. At Paul Brown stadium (regular season) the last 11 games Bengal D has given up 11 TD passes.. 23 interceptions.. I think they sent Jake Locker back to the minor leagues..
Tom Terrific better be really terrific in two weeks.. He weren't to terrific last time... But I'll have to acknowledge that was at PBS.. At Gillette it's been a different story..
Post season has been a nightmare for us..

AllPurposeAtheist

How 'bout them Patty cakes tonight? 41-14.. Chiefs..
Next up.. Bengals...
A little footnote.. The Chiefs got their first turnover of the season tonight.. Alex Smith had been sacked 11 times in 3 games..
Dalton sacked ZERO times and Bengals have caused 7 turnovers in 3 games..

aitm

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on September 29, 2014, 11:36:23 PM
How 'bout them Patty cakes tonight? 41-14.. Chiefs..
Next up.. Bengals...
A little footnote.. The Chiefs got their first turnover of the season tonight.. Alex Smith had been sacked 11 times in 3 games..
Dalton sacked ZERO times and Bengals have caused 7 turnovers in 3 games..
I think "patty cakes" is pretty spot on, both as an adjective and a verb. A real thorough butt kicking, ass pounding, smack your mama right in the face beat down. Whew!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

First time I've seen Brady come out of a game so he wasn't killed..  I bet he buys the offensive line a big Christmas present.. Arsenic probably.  I have to admit it's the worse I've ever seen NE play since I was a kid.
I wonder if Brady was thinking, You know what? Fuck this. I'm a multi millionaire with a supermodel wife and getting my ass kicked for nothing..  LOL

Mike Cl

Looks like Cincy's season this year.  If they don't take it now, the window will never be as open.  I think Dalton has been under-appreciated but now is the time for him to shine.  I was hoping for a Bengal/Packer matchup in the superbowl.  But as much as I love my Pack, they have a very ordinary defense.  They will have to get lucky to make this year.  It would be great to see that matchup tho.......love the Bengal history of chocking--remember Joe Montana????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 30, 2014, 08:42:05 AM
Looks like Cincy's season this year.  If they don't take it now, the window will never be as open.  I think Dalton has been under-appreciated but now is the time for him to shine.  I was hoping for a Bengal/Packer matchup in the superbowl.  But as much as I love my Pack, they have a very ordinary defense.  They will have to get lucky to make this year.  It would be great to see that matchup tho.......love the Bengal history of chocking--remember Joe Montana????
You're obviously demonically possessed to remind me of their chokability.. They've been to the playoffs 3 years straight and 3 straight one and done's.. The real pisser is it's usually teams they stomp during the regular season. The measure of success in Cincinnati now is winning A playoff game. How sad is that?
Still though.. They've managed to sign most of their good players to long term deals so the window isn't closing as fast as you might think.

stromboli

Quote from: aitm on September 30, 2014, 07:34:14 AM
I think "patty cakes" is pretty spot on, both as an adjective and a verb. A real thorough butt kicking, ass pounding, smack your mama right in the face beat down. Whew!

Haven't watched any football this year. Lost interest, other things now occupy my time. Saw the score last night. Sad for you, aitm. This is why I am no longer emotionally involved in sports.

aitm

Quote from: stromboli on September 30, 2014, 10:01:55 AM
Haven't watched any football this year. Lost interest, other things now occupy my time. Saw the score last night. Sad for you, aitm. This is why I am no longer emotionally involved in sports.

couple beers later I graduate to ,"meh, whatever"...and go back to watching por..er....watching something else.

AllPurposeAtheist

It's kind of laughable that people actually get all choked up about watching millionaire players play a game we played free as kids.. I've seen guys throw stuff at their TVs and break them just because someone missed a pass or struck out. Sure I hope my team wins, but I'm definitely not going to damage my own property if they don't. :lol: