News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How About Them Oscars?

Started by Bobby_Ouroborus, February 25, 2013, 02:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickcopeland648

How long was it before he mugged for the camera and did a stupid voice?  How long before he confused pop culture references with parody? How long before he  said something like "that reminds me of when a court sentenced me to mow Mr. T's lawn." then cut away to McFarlane mowing Mr. T's lawn as T. watches, sips lemonade and says "I pitty the foo' who don't edge"?

Seriously, that cat strikes the same annoying chords as Adam Sander.

Quote from: "The Dude"My favorite part was when Seth MacFarlene himself acknowledged how shitty Ted was.

Did he acknowledge how shitty "The Family Guy"/ "American Dad" [sup:2pg1ur3p]1[/sup:2pg1ur3p] was/is/will forever be?

"It was then I understood my mission. I knew I must overthrow the white man and all he stood for. But that would not be easy. I would need the help from my organizing brothers and sisters. But most of all, I\'d need the help of Allah. All thanks be to Allah, praise be his sweet and blessed name."
   -- From "Dreams From my Father: The Unexpurgated Version THEY don\'t Want You To Read". By B. Obama Hussein, Forward By Jerome Corsi"

"Syphilis is the algebra of infection."

stromboli

Quote from: "rickcopeland648"How long was it before he mugged for the camera and did a stupid voice?  How long before he confused pop culture references with parody? How long before he  said something like "that reminds me of when a court sentenced me to mow Mr. T's lawn." then cut away to McFarlane mowing Mr. T's lawn as T. watches, sips lemonade and says "I pitty the foo' who don't edge"?

Seriously, that cat strikes the same annoying chords as Adam Sander.

Quote from: "The Dude"My favorite part was when Seth MacFarlene himself acknowledged how shitty Ted was.

Did he acknowledge how shitty "The Family Guy"/ "American Dad" [sup:3qrbzc04]1[/sup:3qrbzc04] was/is/will forever be?

Adam Sandler has a star on the "Walk of Fame." That alone tells me how shallow and phony the whole hollywood circus is. I don't watch anything McFarlane puts out because it is tasteless and pointless.

And I'm no fan of Tarantino because I have been a fan of Asian cinema longer than he has been alive, and I know where he got all of his ideas from. Reservoir Dogs is a direct ripoff of "City of Fire", for example. Inglorious Bastards is also a remake of a better movie.

mnmelt

Quote from: "Bobby_Ouroborus"Actually I was hoping that McFarlene would have said something to offend the God crowd since he is the first openly atheistic host they have had as far as I remember.

Gervais is openly atheist and very outspoken about it..
Jesus loves me but I still make him wear a condom

Surrogate

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "Surrogate"I was happy to hear that Christoph Waltz and Q. Tarantino got their Oscars.
Waltz got best supporting actor last year too.  Tarantino seems to have a knack for writing script that no one but Waltz could do as well.  He's really good at that kind of over the top prankster con man.  He's fun to watch.

Agreed, I almost want to go back and watch Basterds again even though i didn't care for it past the first two chapters, just to watch him act.
Existence is a choice.   There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.   Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.   From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.   Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.   Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.
—An excerpt from The Qun, Canto 1

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

AllPurposeAtheist

Watching a tree die from dry rot is more exciting than 'The Oscars' formerly known as the Academy Awards.. :roll:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Somewhere along the way they went from a staid and politely humorous formal presentation with Bob Hope to a "let's get happy and controversial" mode. Starting with Whoopi Goldberg, I think. She got all controversial and since then there have been a string of people to make it different. In any case, it is a bunch of people patting themselves on the back, so I don't give it much credence.

AllPurposeAtheist

It's a 'Let's nominate and award US and largely ignore everyone else w?o makes better movies' show.. 99.99999% fluff, .000001% substance..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.