News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Looking for a 1-on-1 discussion.

Started by redsoxfan77, September 29, 2014, 02:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Quote from: redsoxfan77 on September 29, 2014, 07:02:35 PM
As much as I want to talk to everyone else on here anti_thesis wrote in first so I'm going to respond to him.

My belief is not based upon the evil acts of our members, but on the goodness of God. 

With that said, I've had friends (at least one confirmed this) who were molested by a priest. As a young Catholic the scandals infuriate me. We're pissed about it.  I can say that the priest that did this to him was later killed in prison.  I can also say my friend has had a tough life as a result of this, bouncing from one woman to the next. The fact is that Christianity and Catholicism do not condone this abuse.  Evil men did this, or failed to stop it. 

As for the abuse scandals in the US, they seem to be in rapid decline after it climaxed in the 50's-70's. Now and since the late 90's and early 2000's there has been increased scrutiny in an effort to keep this from happening.  So... where do all the pedophiles go now?  If they are no longer able to get into the clergy?   Look for positions of trust among the community and they will be there exploiting that trust. I.E. Public schools etc.

Check back in a few.

That really doesn't answer the question. Your belief is yours. The fucking pope doesn't give it to you, yet you continue to fund an organization that protected pedophiles and attempted to cover it up. You give them your money. Why?

Hakurei Reimu

QuoteI'm actually going to have to forfeit this debate due to time constraints.  The 24 hour rule I won't be able to meet, given that I have to find new work.

But if you want to keep on debating despite my responses taking longer then they should I'm fine with that.

As it stands Hijiri wins.

C'mon, man, be a champ. That is, unless you have no new arguments. You do have them, right? Right?
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

PickelledEggs

Quote from: redsoxfan77 on October 03, 2014, 05:55:47 PM
beer and pizza > tea and scones. 
Pizza from where?

(I will judge you harshly based on your answer.)

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 04, 2014, 09:18:24 PM
Pizza from where?

(I will judge you harshly based on your answer.)

C'mon now, there is no bad pizza :p
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

wolf39us

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on October 05, 2014, 12:48:50 AM

Pizza anywhere south of New Jersey...

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on October 05, 2014, 12:48:50 AM
You've obviously never had Domino's...

Sent from inside your mom

stromboli

What, you never heard of Little Caesar's? Homeless people won't eat it.

PickelledEggs

I could brand you as a heretic and burn you at the stake for such blasphemy, Mr. O.

Either you have never eaten chain restaurant pizza, or you've only eaten chain restaurant pizza. If it's the second one.... I pray for your soul.

Sent from inside your mom

Mr.Obvious

Never heard of Little Ceasar's, and never had Domino.
Pizza Hut over here ain't bad, though I don't concider it pizza. Sometimes I crave pizza, and I want real pizza. Sometimes I crave junkfood and I want Pizza Hut.
However, I've honestly never had bad pizza. Can't recall a single time.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

AllPurposeAtheist

QuoteThe 24 hour rule I won't be able to meet, given that I have to find new work.
You obviously don't have enough faith because as Frank the P would tell you, just ask and thy will receive.. Just pray for a job and *POOF!* You're the CEO of a fortune 500 company just like that..  Where do you think fortune 500 CEO's are made? Certainly not on atheistforums.com.. :think:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

He's baaack.... and bringing proofs of god. Oh, goody. Been on here 5 years and no one has been able to prove god's existence. About time.

Well gee. god transmits his will through the bible, or maybe other ways. Like prophecy. Simple. All you need is proof prophetic utterances did indeed come true. We shall see......

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: stromboli on October 07, 2014, 02:55:20 AM
He's baaack.... and bringing proofs of god. Oh, goody. Been on here 5 years and no one has been able to prove god's existence. About time.

Well gee. god transmits his will through the bible, or maybe other ways. Like prophecy. Simple. All you need is proof prophetic utterances did indeed come true. We shall see......
He also can't seem to decide if this is a debate or an informal discussion. At this point, I'm ready to call it a victory if he continues ignoring standard debate format. I came to answer a formal debate challenge, and if he doesn't want to cooperate with the format that he chose, then he can fuck right off.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

SGOS

Looks like the debate in the other thread has become inconvenient for Red.  Apparently, the rules of the debate are difficult for him to follow, and he now has other commitments.  My guess is that he equated debate with "telling us about God", and then ended up in an environment that does not facilitate that agenda.

AllPurposeAtheist

Here's how religious debate works.. Theist: I'm right because of the bible.. You: No you're not. Theist: Burn in hell. You: OK, thanks.
See how easy that is?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.