Alternate History: What if Godzilla were real?

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, September 28, 2014, 12:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

stromboli

Hydra009

There are lots of reasons why that couldn't realistically work.

*  Square-cube law (godzilla couldn't support its own weight and neither could city thoroughfares)
*  It would be very, very difficult for the ecosystem to support a Godzilla species.
*  Even assuming the failure of conventional arms, Godzilla would still be vulnerable to the elements, starvation, poisoning, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cesaPTik_Q

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 28, 2014, 12:32:12 PM

*  Square-cube law (godzilla couldn't support its own weight and neither could city thoroughfares)
*  It would be very, very difficult for the ecosystem to support a Godzilla species.
*  Even assuming the failure of conventional arms, Godzilla would still be vulnerable to the elements, starvation, poisoning, etc.

He would be vulnerable to the Toyota motor company because the maps beat him..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hijiri Byakuren

Stop ruining my fun with your sciency science shit! :P

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 29, 2014, 06:26:11 AM
Gawdzilla DOES exist.
Of course he does.  We just have to deal with it.  There's no use pretending he's a fake.

The Skeletal Atheist

Square cube law I'll give you, but it would be very easy for the oceanic ecosystem to support a Godzilla sized creature.

Edit: you must remember by most accounts Godzilla is the only of his kind. He's a mutant. One Godzilla would be easy to support.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

stromboli

Godzilla exists. all those breath, frightened Japanese schoolgirls,uh, students running breathlessly with their skirts flying to reveal their luscious legs I mean, what's not real about that?

aitm

you are all being ridiculous...everyone knows that real monsters only attack america.....stoopid posers.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: aitm on September 29, 2014, 10:32:19 PM
you are all being ridiculous...everyone knows that real monsters only attack america Japan.....stoopid posers.
FIFY.

EvanGalea

I remember we once happened to have a little known person called rob ford here in Canada. I guess he is like our godzilla. Both like to destroy cities.
Some people say that vampires hate garlic and sunlight. But what they REALLY hate, is turtlenecks.

Besides, a lot of girls seem to like them. If the idea of a pale antisocial white guy appeals to you, why not date me?

stromboli

Quote from: EvanGalea on October 03, 2014, 05:26:56 PM
I remember we once happened to have a little known person called rob ford here in Canada. I guess he is like our godzilla. Both like to destroy cities.

Darn. I thought Rob Ford was lovable and cute. Like a drug addled Porky Pig.

Oh, btw; I made some comments vis a vis you being a Canadian when you first came on here. I used to live in an apartment house with some guys from Alberta, whose dad owned a wheat farm (Mormons). They were devoutly non Mormon. every comment I made was a quote from them. Loved them some Molson, they did. Great guys. Nothing posted was meant in any way to be anti Canadian.

AllPurposeAtheist

Undoubtedly a republican congressman would go on the Sunday talking head circuit to proclaim "WE'LL DO ANYTHING TO SAVE AMERICAN LIVES and by the way Obamacare is a jobs destroyer.. WORSE THAN GODZILLA!"
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

EvanGalea

Quote from: stromboli on October 03, 2014, 06:39:36 PM
Darn. I thought Rob Ford was lovable and cute. Like a drug addled Porky Pig.

Oh, btw; I made some comments vis a vis you being a Canadian when you first came on here. I used to live in an apartment house with some guys from Alberta, whose dad owned a wheat farm (Mormons). They were devoutly non Mormon. every comment I made was a quote from them. Loved them some Molson, they did. Great guys. Nothing posted was meant in any way to be anti Canadian.

Don't worry, I'm not hurt. Even if I was hurt my free healthcare would cover it.
Some people say that vampires hate garlic and sunlight. But what they REALLY hate, is turtlenecks.

Besides, a lot of girls seem to like them. If the idea of a pale antisocial white guy appeals to you, why not date me?