News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Dealing with death at the end of it all

Started by Munch, September 27, 2014, 02:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

QuoteAnd I tell you what--if I can report to any of you what is after life, I'll do it.
You're probably going to outlive me.. Any chance of speeding things up because I'm just nosey what's next if anything.. Jump off the nearest bridge and report back right away if it's not to much trouble. :biggrin:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mike Cl

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on September 28, 2014, 07:34:50 PM
You're probably going to outlive me.. Any chance of speeding things up because I'm just nosey what's next if anything.. Jump off the nearest bridge and report back right away if it's not to much trouble. :biggrin:
Hey--not a problem.  How would you like the communication--a phone call?  Secret writing?  A voice in the head? A vision? A bedroom haunting?  I aims ta pleez. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on September 28, 2014, 07:34:50 PM
No, I'm actually more or less done.  I'm just coasting to the end. :biggrin: The weird thing is that I've always believed and been told that a person has to have goals.  But here I am out of goals at this time.  Should I make more goals so that I can avoid the alleged meaninglessness of life without goals?  Not right now.  I don't want to, but the thing is it feels satisfyingly right at this point in time, and I can always come up with a goal if the need strikes me.  I dunno, maybe all that stuff about having goals was a load of crap.

In a way, it might be true.  It's probably more important just to do things you want to do.  Call those things goals, I suppose.  That drive by deep philosophy guy has got me confused now.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 28, 2014, 08:03:12 PM
Hey--not a problem.  How would you like the communication--a phone call?  Secret writing?  A voice in the head? A vision? A bedroom haunting?  I aims ta pleez. 
An LSD induced hallucination sounds cool.. Got any handy?

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: SGOS on September 28, 2014, 08:04:50 PM
No, I'm actually more or less done.  I'm just coasting to the end. :biggrin: The weird thing is that I've always believed and been told that a person has to have goals.  But here I am out of goals at this time.  Should I make more goals so that I can avoid the alleged meaninglessness of life without goals?  Not right now.  I don't want to, but the thing is it feels satisfyingly right at this point in time, and I can always come up with a goal if the need strikes me.  I dunno, maybe all that stuff about having goals was a load of crap.

In a way, it might be true.  It's probably more important just to do things you want to do.  Call those things goals, I suppose.  That drive by deep philosophy guy has got me confused now.

Goal for the rest of my life: Find 55 year old virgin with face and body of an 18 year old virgin stripper..

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on September 28, 2014, 08:04:50 PM

Yeah, know what you mean.  If I really need a goal, then I'll get one.  In the meantime I'll do whatever feels like the good thing for me to do as I go along. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?