News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

CONFESSION Of Hawking

Started by Solitary, September 25, 2014, 09:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Munch on September 26, 2014, 03:55:56 AM
I've never thought of the chance that Obama is the reincarnation of jesus, so it must mean I assume he is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vws9fTtQgz4
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mermaid

Quote from: Munch on September 25, 2014, 10:31:23 AM
Its not really much of a surprise, the bigger surprise is that people would be surprised by this. He's a scientist and cosmologist, there is only very very rare cases of scientists who believe in god, and those people aren't that recognizable, probably because their work is hampered by their stupid belief system.

You can almost guarantee most scientists are, because unlike theists, they have discovered the truth of the universe. 
I am a scientist. I would say from my interactions with my coworkers that well more than half are theists. Mostly Christians but also quite a few Muslims, Mormons, Jews and Buddhists. Some of them are downright fundie Christians. It's possible to rationalize almost anything you want to rationalize, I guess. These aren't just run of the mill people, there are some who are incredibly smart and even world renowned in their fields.
I know of a couple of other atheists that I currently work with, and we keep our damn mouths closed about it.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR