News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Star gazing

Started by williemack, September 21, 2014, 02:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

williemack

I'm looking for a good pair of binoculars to look at the night's sky (while I travel for work).  Any suggestions?
Remember, we didn't leave the stone age because we ran out of rocks.

Solitary

Quote from: williemack on September 21, 2014, 02:50:24 PM
I'm looking for a good pair of binoculars to look at the night's sky (while I travel for work).  Any suggestions?

I would say these because of the price and how good they are: HUMVEE HMV-B-20X80 Weather Resistant Jumbo Astronomy Binocular, 20x80, Black by Campco for Hunting

$119.95 $85.26
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Look up on a clear night.. If you see stars you're OK. If not you're doing it wrong..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

http://www.amazon.com/Celestron-SkyMaster-Binoculars-Tripod-Adapter/dp/B00008Y0VN/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411336567&sr=8-1&keywords=binoculars+for+stargazing

These are inexpensive and they come with a tripod adapter for viewing

15X70 gives you a good focal length and a wide field, making it easier to locate specific objects. Also they are made for stargazing.

aitm

I was told if the smoke was good you don't need no fancy glasses cause you can simply walk up to the planet in question.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Solitary

:pidu: You can even go to Kolob with all the goddesses. I've only done that once, and took two weeks to get back.  :eek: :lol:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Quote from: aitm on September 21, 2014, 06:02:19 PM
I was told if the smoke was good you don't need no fancy glasses cause you can simply walk up to the planet in question.

Don't forget the UFOs.

stromboli

Quote from: aitm on September 21, 2014, 06:02:19 PM

Yeah its them damn garments. they get in the way of everything.