News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Back to the den of the lions

Started by aitm, September 20, 2014, 08:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

My old company has been chasing me for almost two years now, finally I agreed to go back. The owners are devout and open fundies, often having prayers at meetings and as part of phone conference calls. Most of the staff are pretty hard core nuts. I keep my mouth shut as its their company and I really don't give a shit what they do with it.

I will be back on the road again and the money will once again be pretty damn good but I get weary with the idea of dealing with checking my mouth this time around as I have gotten more vocal over the last 4 years since we were "together". Some of the staff have me on FB so they know I am not religious but I guess they don't care about that enough to blab to the owners so there is that, and they were excited to see me again last week.

I am so blessed........
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Munch

So religious fanatics have you by the balls and your forced to conform to the irrational ways of fundies because of the pay?

Honestly, you know what you need to do. Simply put, are you able to get a better job while you are working for them? Apply for better jobs, get interviews, and if a job is presented to you, either tell the company your in you want to carry on working without this religious bullshit, or your walking right now.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

josephpalazzo

aitm, when they pray to their sky daddy, it is no different than praying to Mickey Mouse. You should have a huge grin when they pray in your presence. Think of them as little children who need to believe in Santa. IOW, don't take it personally. They have the problem, not you.

AllPurposeAtheist

We will all pray for your salvation and with gods help I'm sure you'll see the light..

Wasss lossst...nowww founddd...  (sing it if'n ya know the words brothers n sisters!)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

Glad you got your job back---mums the word. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

Dude, the best thing you can do is claim to be another religion, something they wouldn't expect like budism, and if they give you grief for not being christian, say you called trading standards (or whatever its called in america)
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

Tell em you're a devout Toothfairian.. They'll leave you alone.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aitm

Quote from: Munch on September 20, 2014, 09:38:53 AM
So religious fanatics have you by the balls and your forced to conform to the irrational ways of fundies because of the pay?

well its not like they grab me by the hand and ask me to kneel and proclaim jesus is the yada yada, but the pay? Hell yes, the money. I kinda like filet over hot dogs, paying my bills on time, having zero on my credit cards, full paid health and dental and getting my savings back, so yeah, money rules. I can mourn my ego and pussy-self when I retire.

They just do their hokus-pocus once in awhile and  I keep my mouth shut and bank it. You know how sometimes you get stuck in traffic due to an accident? Its a lot of fucking bother, but you really have no choice but use that road or travel a different one and take twice as long every day. Not a hard choice really.

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Lol. Personally i would take a "watch the monkeys and laugh later" approach. I did that after leaving Mormonism, working at the time with engineers and scientists in Environmental Safety, one of my intermediate jobs before I became a Technical Editor. Just smile secretly and feel superior. I'd be willing to bet there is more than one person in that group with the same attitude as you. I was moved for being vocal about my knowledge, and it worked against me. So I just shut up and ignored it. So yeah, play the game and rake in the green.