News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ken Ham and his Big Ass Ark!

Started by MagetheEntertainer, September 19, 2014, 11:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagetheEntertainer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvvQmVpTAgc

Ken ham just recently ordered some bull dozers and cranes to help him build his ark for the creationism museum.  This is just like in the story of Noah when God said "let there be bulldozers!"

Ace101

Just another David Koresh wannabe who'll hopefully be about as relevant as the former cult leader within a decade or so.

The good thing about the internet is that cult leaders like this guy can't shelter the kids forced into their cult from the truth any longer - think of it as the falling of the Berlin Wall for the fundamentalist cults - just a few decades ago kids born into this cult lifestyle didn't really have access to any outside information - nowadays the internet is ubiquitous, and it provides instant access to information exposing these cults and their true agenda, which is to brainwash and control people (starting as young as possible) for the sole purpose of seeking money and political power.

They can't turn back the tide at this point, and at least in the West they're slowly dying. Maybe they'd be better off just converting to Islam and moving to Iran or Saudi Arabia, where the psychopaths would have a better chance at controlling people with their barbaric immoral belief system. They sure won't have that luck in the Western World anymore

Munch

This was hard to watch without feeling like a worm wiggled up my ass.
Does.. this fucking lunatic actually understand what hypocrisy is? Does he understand what irony is? Does he even understand what juvenility means?

He sounds like when my 4 year old nephew does something, tells you how to play his game, but then changes the rules halfway into his game to suit his own outcome and win. As an adult you let the child win because its a harmless game. but Ken Ham is an adult.. or at least he tries to pretend he is..

you know, what we really, REALLY need as a final nail in the coffin for this, is once the ham-ark is built, have Ham collect all the animals that were on the ark according to the bible, and put them all in there, ALL of them, and see what happens.

I'm sure PETA is gonna be best friends with him.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Brian37

He is just a big ass, his ark is a fucking waste of money and resources.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Munch

I believe this falls under the catagory of 'Ham-logic'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmBj-jKJxsU
(skip to 0:55 btw)

stromboli

Your basic modern day shipyard for comparison.

AllPurposeAtheist

But...but...but... SLAVES! Noah had slaves.. It doesn't specifically say so in the bible I don't think, but if he built a big ass ark you can bet he had a shitload of slaves which are the modern equivalent of bulldozers, etc.. And permits.. He just sold the hottest looking slave.. Call it a bribe now, but in bible dayz it was a just reward to send a pretty young woman into lifetime slavery and sexual abuse just the way god liked it back then.  :naughty:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Munch

Also the boat was on water for 40 days and nights, so once its build, Ham must put it out to sea and stay there for that length of time with the animals.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Munch on September 20, 2014, 01:41:25 PM
Also the boat was on water for 40 days and nights, so once its build, Ham must put it out to sea and stay there for that length of time with the animals.

Isn't that dipshit based in Kentucky? Good luck getting it down the ol Ohio to the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.. .. I doubt the coast guard will allow it especially full of animals probably illegal to have in most states..

stromboli

Ken Ham is a creationist and climate change denier. He should build the ark on the seacoast, and thenwe would have a twofer; a nonexistent boat that can't float. I'm guessing there would have to be substantial steel reinforcement of a structure that size, since apparently people will be going aboard it. And I'm also pretty sure that a ship would have to have major reinforcement internally to withstand any kind of sea, so forget anything like an authentic structure being built.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: stromboli on September 20, 2014, 03:39:30 PM
Ken Ham is a creationist and climate change denier. He should build the ark on the seacoast, and thenwe would have a twofer; a nonexistent boat that can't float. I'm guessing there would have to be substantial steel reinforcement of a structure that size, since apparently people will be going aboard it. And I'm also pretty sure that a ship would have to have major reinforcement internally to withstand any kind of sea, so forget anything like an authentic structure being built.
Probably built from cheap pine of hardware store variety..probably Lowes because Lowes Knows seafaring ships were all built from pine..  :lol:

MagetheEntertainer

Quote from: stromboli on September 20, 2014, 03:39:30 PM

The Ark is only a little bit bigger than the wyoming

So I'm pretty sure that a ship that size could be sea worthy if built with modern nautical knowledge, my whole beef with the thing is 1, it couldn't carry that many animals, 2 there is no way noah could have built it with his stone age knowledge regardless of how many slaves he had, and 3 how the fuck did noah go to the south pole to save the penguins?  (i'm not even going to go into all the ways that the flood itself is impossible.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on September 20, 2014, 01:41:25 PM

No, it rained 40 days and 40 nights. They floated around for 150 days before grounding.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 20, 2014, 06:05:07 PM
No, it rained 40 days and 40 nights. They floated around for 150 days before grounding.

I think it was over 11 months, actually, before they got out of the ark. Could be mistaken.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Munch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 20, 2014, 06:05:07 PM

Oops, yeah, dunno why I forgot that. Well thats even better, it means he has to keep the boat out at sea that long, with every type of animal in the world.

I'm making light of it, but honestly, this really fucking bothers me. In the usual context of what the church or any religion spends its money on thats up to them, they could spend money on feeding the poor instead of the gold palaces of the Vatican, but thats up to them if the pope needs a new solid gold butt plug. But at least they are spending it on something for their followers to worship in and keep the rain off.

Ham using this many resources to build a retarded attempt at recreating the ark, which he isn't even doing so as his precious fairy tale says it happened, in a childish attempt at trying to prove some ill conceived point? Is this his attempts and trying to win the debate he had with Bill Nye? Because it reeks of desperation.