News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Do you compose music?

Started by mediumaevum, September 18, 2014, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mediumaevum

Quote from: Solitary on September 18, 2014, 03:26:30 PM
Welcome to the world of art that is very fickle. It's the same in all the fields of art. John Philips Sousa wrote classical music that everyone hated, when he wrote marches he became the greatest march composer ever.  There is a lot of luck involved, and most people are not sensitive, or intelligent to like classical music. Look how popular Rap Crap is that bombards you with noise and lyrics! 

I wouldn't say I'm composing classical music. I don't even think my "renaissance"-pieces adhere to the rules made by the Catholic Church, in order for it to rightfully call it Renaissance Music.
It just sounds like so.

As for the more orchestral music I've composed, I will never come to know if or if not, it is adhering to the rules of orchestral film scores.
It just sounds like so.

stromboli

Quote from: Solitary on September 18, 2014, 03:26:30 PM
Welcome to the world of art that is very fickle. It's the same in all the fields of art. John Philips Sousa wrote classical music that everyone hated, when he wrote marches he became the greatest march composer ever.  There is a lot of luck involved, and most people are not sensitive, or intelligent to like classical music. Look how popular Rap Crap is that bombards you with noise and lyrics! 

Spank Jail.  :biggrin:

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: mediumaevum on September 18, 2014, 03:18:27 PM
There's one thing I have never come to understand...

If people *really* think my music is that good, good enough for some people at least, to actually tell me my music is good, then how come I am lacking subscribers, viewers/listeners and most importantly:
Likes?

There's always room for improvement, but I feel that no matter how much I try and improve my works, I don't get a whole lot of subscribers or listeners or likes.
Actually, it is comments like "good job" or "but this can be improved by this and that, maybe a flute in here" or "I'm missing some more [insert what you are missing in my music]" or simply a "thank you"-type of comments that keeps me going. It's not money. It's other people's appreciation of my works, be it my 3D Blender-made artworks that I post along with my music, or the
music itself.

Of course, I do it because I think it's fun. But I publish it because I want to make people happy. If I'm only annoying people with my works, I should at least consider to stop publishing anymore. But that has the drawback on not improving myself and my artworks anymore, as I cannot know what could be improved. Having a second and a third or a fourth individual to see and/or listen, makes a whole lot of difference when it comes to improvement and constructive criticism.

I'm not trying to be some kind of famous one whom all knows who is.
I actually don't want people to know who I am. But, I'd appreciate a few more likes and possibly subscribers too.

Just toss in a few lyrics with fuck and shit and you skanky whore bitch cunt and the kids will flock to it..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

mediumaevum

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on September 18, 2014, 03:48:20 PM
Just toss in a few lyrics with fuck and shit and you skanky whore bitch cunt and the kids will flock to it..

If that's the case, then I think I should be content with what I have now, and be happy with that.

I'm NEVER going to make rap, pop or anything else that does not involve the sound of traditional instruments and the traditional notes and scales.

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm perfectly content with my guitar thumping noise..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jmpty

???  ??

Johan

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Hakurei Reimu

(listens to Septette for SWR)

:syda: Hijiri, I love you forever!
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on September 20, 2014, 11:00:55 PM
(listens to Septette for SWR)

:syda: Hijiri, I love you forever!
Aw shucks, thanks. :blush:

Sent from Monster Island. Titty sprinkles.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

DunkleSeele

Quote from: mediumaevum on September 18, 2014, 12:50:50 PM
Ok, I am trying this.

I'm not earning any money on this, so I think that it can't really be seen as advertising. Anyways, here it comes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zidP8I8GWA

Post as much of it as you want, no problem.

EvanGalea

I compose thrash metal music. By that I mean I sit in my room and try to play the guitar really fast. Nobody I know seems to like it, but that's ok.
Some people say that vampires hate garlic and sunlight. But what they REALLY hate, is turtlenecks.

Besides, a lot of girls seem to like them. If the idea of a pale antisocial white guy appeals to you, why not date me?