Satanists' hilarious response to Christians pushing Bibles at school

Started by Hydra009, September 17, 2014, 11:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/satanic-group-give-activity-book-children-article-1.1941162

QuoteA Satanist group wants to hand out the "Satanic Children's Big Book of Activities" and other devilish material to students at Orange County Public Schools in Florida.

The Satanic Temple, a New York-based organization, said Monday it decided to supply religious pamphlets related to its tenets and philosophy to protest the dissemination of Bibles in the school district by evangelical Christians.
QuoteThe Satan worshipers said they do not want to establish a precedent of providing religious pamphlets in public schools and prefer a strict separation of church and state.

"If a public school board is going to allow religious pamphlets and full Bibles to be distributed to students â€" as is the case in Orange County, Florida â€" we think the responsible thing to do is to ensure that these students are given access to a variety of differing religious opinions," Greaves said.
The school still gets to review the material and I'm 2000% sure they'll find a reason to deem it inappropriate.  But it's still a win because this protest draws attention to pushing religion - and only a single religion - in public schools.

P.S. - they have a PDF containing the entirety of the kid's activity book.  It's actually pretty tame, but it's paranoia fuel for fundies, who would no doubt see it in the harshest light possible.

Ace101

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 17, 2014, 11:43:56 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/satanic-group-give-activity-book-children-article-1.1941162
The school still gets to review the material and I'm 2000% sure they'll find a reason to deem it inappropriate.  But it's still a win because this protest draws attention to pushing religion - and only a single religion - in public schools.

P.S. - they have a PDF containing the entirety of the kid's activity book.  It's actually pretty tame, but it's paranoia fuel for fundies, who would no doubt see it in the harshest light possible.
Interesting that the fundies wouldn't have a problem with little kids being exposed to content like this:

http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house.  Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.  (Deuteronomy  22:20-21 NAB)

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked.  Show no mercy; have no pity!  Kill them all â€" old and young, girls and women and little children.  But do not touch anyone with the mark.  Begin your task right here at the Temple."  So they began by killing the seventy leaders.  "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded.  "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill!  Go!"  So they went throughout the city and did as they were told."  (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house.  But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb.  After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife.  However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

---

Yet they'll find time to b-tch about too much boob showing during a Super Bowl half-time show. Pretty psychopathic if you ask me

SGOS

It's like the creationism in schools argument:  "We don't want schools to stop teaching evolution.  Schools need (are somehow obligated) to teach both theories."  Christians didn't have a problem advancing that argument.  But somehow this time it's different.

I love this shit.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Aroura33

This stuff is always gold when it happens. People can certainly be creative!  I applaud them for choosing such a fun way to point out the hypocrisy.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

_Xenu_

Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Ace101

Quote from: Aroura33 on September 19, 2014, 01:03:30 AM
This stuff is always gold when it happens. People can certainly be creative!  I applaud them for choosing such a fun way to point out the hypocrisy.
Christian fundamentalism doesn't allow for "tolerance" for other beliefs - there's nothing in the Bible at all that promotes tolerance or acceptance of other beliefs - the only thing the Bible has to say about it is that non-believers are to be put to death.

In fact the 1st Commandment says that "thou shalt have no other Gods before me" - and of course the penalty for defiance in the OT was death.

So it's pretty apparent to me that fundamentalists only support "tolerance" publicly, in a Machiavellian way, when they think it suits them and allows them to advance their supremacist agenday - anything else would be contradicting the commands of their own scriptures.

St Giordano Bruno

Quote from: SGOS on September 18, 2014, 06:18:11 AM
It's like the creationism in schools argument:  "We don't want schools to stop teaching evolution.  Schools need (are somehow obligated) to teach both theories."  Christians didn't have a problem advancing that argument.  But somehow this time it's different.

I love this shit.

You will also have the throw in native Hopi creation theories, Mayan creation theories, Cherokee creation theories, Yanomami creation theories, Inuit creation theories, Hindu creation theries, Zoroastrian creation theories and all the rest - and after teaching the children all this shit there will be no time left to teach them anything else. 
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"