News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Jihadist Rappers

Started by MagetheEntertainer, September 17, 2014, 09:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagetheEntertainer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71mViHxBAnM&list=UU7YOGHUfC1Tb6E4pudI9STA

Yes you read the title right, Jihadist are apparently writing rap songs in between beheadings and suicide bombings, and these arn't just small time jihadist either, one of them was in America's 10 most wanted terrorist last year, and another is the lead suspect in James Foley's beheading.

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Ace101

Quote from: MagetheEntertainer on September 17, 2014, 09:59:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71mViHxBAnM&list=UU7YOGHUfC1Tb6E4pudI9STA

Yes you read the title right, Jihadist are apparently writing rap songs in between beheadings and suicide bombings, and these arn't just small time jihadist either, one of them was in America's 10 most wanted terrorist last year, and another is the lead suspect in James Foley's beheading.
I'm curious why fundamentalist Islam is basically like "fundamentalist Christianity on steroids". I mean Islam began in the early Middle Ages, yet Christianity had been around for quite awhile before that.

And while I'm not saying that fundamentalist Christianity is in any way shape or form evolved, I'm just wondering why Christianity has mellowed out so much in comparison to Islam.

I mean mock Jesus and fundamentalist Christians will bitch and moan - however show Muhammed in a bear costume on a comedy show like South Park, and radical Muslims will issue death threats to the show's creators. Why has Islam remained so heldover in comparison"?

MagetheEntertainer

Quote from: Ace101 on September 18, 2014, 03:45:36 AM
I'm curious why fundamentalist Islam is basically like "fundamentalist Christianity on steroids". I mean Islam began in the early Middle Ages, yet Christianity had been around for quite awhile before that.

And while I'm not saying that fundamentalist Christianity is in any way shape or form evolved, I'm just wondering why Christianity has mellowed out so much in comparison to Islam.

I mean mock Jesus and fundamentalist Christians will bitch and moan - however show Muhammed in a bear costume on a comedy show like South Park, and radical Muslims will issue death threats to the show's creators. Why has Islam remained so heldover in comparison"?

I think the reason is because Islam is newer then Christianity, from my observations religions tend to mellow out the older they get, for example you rarely hear about the Hindu's, the jews, or the bhuddist being crazy right?  Thats because their religions are the oldest.  Since islam is about 700 years younger then Chrisianity the extremeist muslims are basically living in the 13th century, and so they act like Christians did 700 years ago just with better weapons.

Munch

I guess the insane need a hobby when they've killed all the infidels that day.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Ace101

Quote from: MagetheEntertainer on September 18, 2014, 07:17:45 AM
I think the reason is because Islam is newer then Christianity, from my observations religions tend to mellow out the older they get, for example you rarely hear about the Hindu's, the jews, or the bhuddist being crazy right?  Thats because their religions are the oldest.  Since islam is about 700 years younger then Chrisianity the extremeist muslims are basically living in the 13th century, and so they act like Christians did 700 years ago just with better weapons.
That's an interesting take - personally I would've thought that the newer they are, the more modernized they'd be - plus if I recall right, I believe that the Islamic countries were more culturally advanced during the Middle Ages than Christian Europe - so at some point they apparently ended up getting stuck in the Middle Ages while Europe and the West evolved somewhat (despite the fundies who've sill managed to hold over from the Dark Ages). It's interesting to think about.

Buddhism and Hinduism though I don't recall being so crazy by nature, or at least not as authoritarian and militant - I don't know a lot about either religion myself, but my perception is that they tend to focus more on peace and personal development. The Abrahamic religions on the other hand (Christianity, Islam, etc) seem very barbaric and tribal just dogma-wise - pretty much every bit of morality in the Old Testament boils down to complete submission or death - and Yahweh/Allah doesn't seem to think much of slaughtering entire villages - the only "morality" I see boils down to blind submission to authority.