News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I was once Paradise Bound, now I'm free!

Started by Carrie Bee, September 16, 2014, 08:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carrie Bee

My name is Carrie Bee and I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness. Most people raised as JWs end up atheist. I believe it's because the belief system is so abusive that once you leave it forces you to open your mind and realize that religion in general is abusive! I just recently published my first novel based on my growing up as an only child with 2 very devout JW parents. It gives a lot of insight to what it was like to not have birthday, holidays and not being allowed to salute the flag or go to the prom.

The name of my fictional memoir is Paradise Bound. It's available online, as an ebook, and anywhere books are sold. If your interested in learning about the mind control and what it does to a young mind coming of age, this is a great read for you! 

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Carrie Bee on September 16, 2014, 08:31:02 PM
My name is Carrie Bee and I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness. Most people raised as JWs end up atheist. I believe it's because the belief system is so abusive that once you leave it forces you to open your mind and realize that religion in general is abusive! I just recently published my first novel based on my growing up as an only child with 2 very devout JW parents. It gives a lot of insight to what it was like to not have birthday, holidays and not being allowed to salute the flag or go to the prom.

The name of my fictional memoir is Paradise Bound. It's available online, as an ebook, and anywhere books are sold. If your interested in learning about the mind control and what it does to a young mind coming of age, this is a great read for you! 

Welcome, Carrie Bee! I hope you enjoy your stay! What else can you tell us about yourself?

P.S. and FYI: We don't allow advertising and link posting for people that are members for less than 3 months and with less than 30 posts. This is mostly to avoid spam on the site. Thank you! :biggrin:

Mike Cl

Welcome, Carrie Bee, you have found a good place to be.

What a life!  I really had not thought too much about what it must be like for a child to be raised by JW's.  I bet you have thousands of stories.  In any case, welcome.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

DunkleSeele

Welcome Carrie Bee! Please tell us something more about you.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Carrie Bee on September 16, 2014, 08:31:02 PM
My name is Carrie Bee and I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness. Most people raised as JWs end up atheist.
Funny that, lol. Welcome to the forum.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Green Bottle

Afternoon Carrie Bee and welcome...........
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Solitary

Welcome aboard Carrie Bee! I just know you are a Honey Bee. Great intro!  :clap: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Desdinova

Welcome aboard.  Hope you are not here just to sell your book.  If not we would all like to hear more!
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

SGOS

Quote from: Desdinova on September 17, 2014, 11:32:21 AM
Welcome aboard.  Hope you are not here just to sell your book.  If not we would all like to hear more!
Ditto

Mister Agenda

Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Mr.Obvious

Welcome Carrie Bee, hope you enjoy it here!
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Desdinova on September 17, 2014, 11:32:21 AM
Yeah. She logged off almost immediately after I posted and removed the link to her book in her post.

So far it seems like she just gave us a "Wham. Spam. Thank you ma'am."  Because she hasn't been on since.

Munch

Greetings Carrie. A life of openness and logic is a life well worth having, and to no longer live in fear.
I hope your book sells, there needs to be more writers giving real life accounts of this, it happens far to often and they never have a voice.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

Gosh..a gripping take of being a JW.. I bet it's more riveting than the Brady Bunch saga..

Oh what am I saying? NOTHING is more riveting than the torrid tales of Greg, Marsha, Peter, Jan, Bobby and Cindy! :wtff:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.