"The Finger of god" some christian movie about miracles...

Started by renasimplified, September 14, 2014, 05:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renasimplified

So, I hope this is the right forum for this, if it isn't I am sorry :(

I am being bombarded by another fun christian movie.  This one is called "The finger of god" a darren wilson film. anyways, have you seen it?  Does anyone have any thoughts, or perhaps some resources for refuting the miracles it shows?

I am interested in your opinions! Personally it annoys the crap out of me, but right now most all christianese things do. Maybe there needs to be a counter documentary that shows science making these miracles their bitch.

That is all. Good day sir. I said good day!

PickelledEggs

It's about Christianity, so you're good. If it really needed to be moved it wouldn't be a hassle to move it though.

I never heard of that movie though. I'll check it out.

Btw isn't Darren Wilson the magician? I thought he was an atheist...  Unless I'm thinking of something else...

Sent from your mom

PickelledEggs

Never mind. I was thinking of Derren Brown...

Sent from your mom

Hakurei Reimu

Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

renasimplified

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 14, 2014, 06:53:43 PM
Never mind. I was thinking of Derren Brown...

Sent from your mom

I was just watching him, and a bunch of other magic people yesterday!!! It was one of those follow-the-youtube-rabbit-hole kinda things... www.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=f2izaEqs0pE
I ended up watching this dude. He's kinda cool, and timely considering the movie I just watched... oooo do you think gawds trying to tell me something? (teehee)
Back to topic: I usually like documentaries, but real ones with like science and shit. Not sensationalism.  The husband's going to want to discuss it later... so i guess I shouldn't have fallen asleep half way through, but how hard will it be to pretend I didn't?  :hang: 

PickelledEggs

Nice! James Randi is awesome and a very smart and wise guy. I put that in my "watch later" folder.

And re-back to topic... Yeah... I tried watching some theist side arguments when I had Netflix.... It just got frustrating after a while from knowing all the holes and circular logic they use. It's really stupid.

One of my friends the other night was talking to me and he is a Islam to deist convert. It was actually not frustrating talking to him because he is genuinely curious about things and is open to listening and changing his views when the evidence presents it's self. (which I did for him) He told me about the 5 truths that science can't explain. I read it and laughed.

I kind of rambled a bit there and mildly got off topic (again) but what I was getting to was
X-tian logic is laughable at best. at worst it can be scary. but all of the time, X-tian logic.... isn't.

For me, having to hear their logic is very frustrating as with most of us on here feel about it (other wise most of us wouldn't feel the need to be here)

I honestly don't know if I can sit through that now that I saw the trailer that Antithesis shared.... haha Sorry you have to sit through that crap. Why does he make you watch that bullshit, anyway?

stromboli

Can't find anything on Wilson or Pat Windel but the one film. Curious.....

renasimplified

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 14, 2014, 09:30:15 PM
Nice! James Randi is awesome and a very smart and wise guy. I put that in my "watch later" folder.

Ya, I think he is hilarious and on point!  also I find it amuseing that he looks like a common dipiction of gawd... think he did it on purpose? lol....

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 14, 2014, 09:30:15 PM
I honestly don't know if I can sit through that now that I saw the trailer that Antithesis shared.... haha Sorry you have to sit through that crap. Why does he make you watch that bullshit, anyway?

simple answer:  He's an evangelical x-ian asslord. as in, he sits on his ass and lords his gawd given authority over me...

but tis life... someday I will escape into the beautiful land of thought and logic! For now I have the forums and a handful of friends who know me for me :)

PickelledEggs

Quote from: renasimplified on September 14, 2014, 11:52:28 PM
simple answer:  He's an evangelical x-ian asslord. as in, he sits on his ass and lords his gawd given authority over me...

but tis life... someday I will escape into the beautiful land of thought and logic! For now I have the forums and a handful of friends who know me for me :)

That really sucks that he assumes so much authority over you... :(.

And yes Rena, you are ALWAYS welcome here. We wouldn't have you any other way other than yourself :)

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

I watched the one minute trailer of different people praying.  Nothing else in it, just people praying.  I hope there's something else in the movie besides just watching people pray.

DunkleSeele

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PickelledEggs

Just watched that video, Rena. I had to stop towards the end because I'm leaving with my dad to race Go-kart and I'll continue when I get home.

What  he was saying about an intelligent person getting fooled was just...  Holy shit that was fascinating.

Sent from your mom