Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

This "Christian Scientist" at my job

Started by MagetheEntertainer, September 11, 2014, 05:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagetheEntertainer

*Disclaimer*
This story contains use of the word penis and or boner

So at work there is this receptionist who is pretty cute, early 20's, she sings and says that she produces music but whenever we would talk about music production she seemed to know nothing about it, not even terminologies, this wasn't enough to make my boner go away though, today I walked by and she had a group of girls around her and she was explaining to them how quote "if the earth was even an inch closer or further away from the sun life couldn't be possible, thats proof of god" she then said to me "hey Ken I know you like science stuff so do you want to hear about what I learned from my Christian Scientist seminars?"  My boner instantly goes flaccid, its still traumatized, the end. 

Munch

Firstly, theres plenty of fish in the sea dude, and plus a fish would be more intelligent then this woman.

Second, ask her about this christian science seminar, it be really intresting to make a study on how Christians view science.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: MagetheEntertainer on September 11, 2014, 05:57:13 PM
*Disclaimer*
This story contains use of the word penis and or boner

Quoteshe was explaining to them how quote "if the earth was even an inch closer or further away from the sun life couldn't be possible, thats proof of god"
Ha!  In reality, it varies by about 5 million km over the course of the year.

Quoteshe then said to me "hey Ken I know you like science stuff so do you want to hear about what I learned from my Christian Scientist seminars?"  My boner instantly goes flaccid, its still traumatized, the end.
Yeah, that's boner kryptonite.

Some hard-hitting stuff right there.

stromboli

Flaccid is just a word, and yet so descriptive......

Gawdzilla Sama

Point out that the Earth's orbit is an ellipse. Then tell her what that means with regard to her "one inch" hypothesis. Then explain what "hypothesis" means.

On second thought, just fuck her and tell her it was God's will.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 11, 2014, 07:38:16 PMOn second thought, just fuck her and tell her it was God's will.
Cue social justice warriors crying rape.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

Mike Cl

Christian Science is a bit different than mainstream christian churches and movements.  Most christians have a fairly low opinion of christian science.  I'm sure most of you have run across their reading rooms sprinkled around the country.  This is a quick view of them:

Christian Science is a set of beliefs and practices belonging to the metaphysical family of new religious movements.[3] It was developed in 19th-century New England by Mary Baker Eddy (1821â€"1910), who argued in her book Science and Health (1875) that sickness is an illusion that can be corrected by prayer alone. The book became Christian Science's central text, along with the Bible, and by 2001 had sold ten million copies in 16 languages.[4]
Eddy and 25 followers were granted a charter in 1879 to found the Church of Christ (Scientist), and in 1894 the religion's Mother Church, The First Church of Christ, Scientist, was built in Boston, Massachusetts.[5] Christian Science was the fastest growing religion in the United States in the early 20th century, with nearly 270,000 members there by 1936, a figure that had declined by 1990 to 106,000.[6] The church is known for its newspaper, the Christian Science Monitor, which won seven Pulitzer Prizes between 1950 and 2002, and for its Reading Rooms, which are open to the public in around 1,200 cities.[7]
Christian Scientists see their religion as a return to "primitive Christianity and its lost element of healing," in the words of Eddy's Manual of the Mother Church.[8]There are several key differences between Christian Science and orthodox Christian theology.[9] In particular adherents subscribe to a radical form of philosophicalidealism, believing that reality is purely spiritual and the material world an illusion.[10] This includes the view that disease is a mental error rather than physical disorder, and that the sick should be treated, not by medicine, but by a form of prayer that seeks to correct the beliefs responsible for the illusion of ill health.[11]

They are often linked to the New Thought movement.  They are close, but not the same.  And all traditional christian churches have low opinions of the new thought people as well.  This is a quick overview of this group:

The New Thought movement is a spiritual movement, sometimes classed as a Christian denomination, which developed in the United States in the 19th century, following the teachings of Phineas Quimby. The three major organizations within New Thought movement today are Religious Science, Unity Church and theChurch of Divine Science, with an estimated number of some 1,500,000 adherents in the United States between them.[1] There are numerous smaller groups, most of which are incorporated in the International New Thought Alliance,[2]
The concept of New Thought (sometimes known as "Higher Thought"[3]) promotes the ideas that Infinite Intelligence, or God, is everywhere, spirit is the totality of real things, true human selfhood is divine, divine thought is a force for good, sickness originates in the mind, and "right thinking" has a healing effect.[4][5]
Although New Thought is neither monolithic nor doctrinaire, in general, modern-day adherents of New Thought believe that God or Infinite Intelligence is "supreme, universal, and everlasting", that divinity dwells within each person, that all people are spiritual beings, that "the highest spiritual principle [is] loving one another unconditionally... and teaching and healing one another", and that "our mental states are carried forward into manifestation and become our experience in daily living".[4][5]
The New Thought movement originated in the early 19th century, and survives to the current day in the form of a loosely allied group of religious denominations, authors, philosophers, and individuals who share a set of beliefs concerning metaphysics, positive thinking, the law of attraction, healing, life force, creative visualization, and personal power.[6]

And so, Magnet, you may score some points if you talk a little about Mary Baker Eddy. :))

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

The Skeletal Atheist

Aren't those the guys who think you can heal everything with prayer?
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Mike Cl

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on September 11, 2014, 10:38:32 PM
Aren't those the guys who think you can heal everything with prayer?
Yes, they do think that.  They do not totally reject modern medicine or dental work or getting glasses.  But they teach that prayer is the most powerful tool one can use to heal themselves.  Which is okay with me--tends to keep their numbers down. :)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

stromboli

PickelledEggs

1: I wouldn't have read this if there wasn't a penis or boner reference.

2:Sorry about your limp dick

3: I know of a christian science reading room in the city and I think I am going to check it out next time I'm there for a laugh.

7: Ask her about her bullshit christian science semenar and make a video about it.

297: Yes I know I haven't been using correct numbering and yes I know I spelled seminar, semenar. Semenar was a reference to his dead boner and the bad counting was just poor humor on my part that I still find funny even though it's not

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: MagetheEntertainer on September 11, 2014, 05:57:13 PM
*Disclaimer*
"if the earth was even an inch closer or further away from the sun life couldn't be possible, thats proof of god" she then said to me "hey Ken I know you like science stuff so do you want to hear about what I learned from my Christian Scientist seminars?"  My boner instantly goes flaccid, its still traumatized, the end.

I can relate so much to this. I had a sorthlike experience with a muslim girl a few years ago. I thought she was very 'modern', as she didn't wear a headscarf (and she had some of the most fair hair I've ever seen), was in a hip-hop dancesquad (she could move!) and could be incredibly frank with people in discussions on the courtyard. She was one of the most beautiful girl's I'd had ever met.
But then one day, for class, we watched a movie about 'religious tollerance' or something in which the protagonist and deutoragonist were a couple consisting of a christian woman and a muslim man. There is one sex-scene in it and all of the sudden the auditorium has a mass exodus. All the muslims left briskly. And she was the first one, covering her eyes as she fled. A few days later, I learned she was actually 'preparing herself' to be a perfect muslim woman. After her school was over, she'd probably stop her dance-squad in a few years, she would cover up her hair and stop going out to parties. It was like she was getting the excess energy out early and would later resign to a life of following the Imhan's rules.
That killed my boner right there. I tried to ask if she didn't think that was unfair or a sad thing (but in better words) and she got defensive. Then a few days later she told me she didn't believe in evolution. She even said a line I never thought I'd hear in real life in ernest. The Dutch version of "If we evolved from monkeys, why do we still have monkeys." I never thought of her as attractive again, which is not to say we didn't get along anymore. I just stopped seeing her in that way. I even willingly and gladly burned all my chances with her by, not in a mean way, telling her that she was deadwrong and why this was.

On the plus side, I was in a car next to her a few months back. She still had her hair uncovered. Might still be hope.

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PickelledEggs

Just remember, Mage. You WILL recover. I'm pulling for you and your penis. It may be days.... or even WEEKS, but I know you will get hard again.

stromboli

You're pulling for his penis? Might want to rethink that......