Satanists to Hold Black Mass in Oklahoma

Started by SGOS, September 10, 2014, 03:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I thought this article was a hoot.  Oklahoma law does not allow public nudity, so instead of a naked woman in the ritual, a woman will wear lingerie during the consecration (or should I say desecration) of the host.  I also thought there was a lot of other fun stuff in the article too.  And of course, the Catholics have got their underwear in a knot, because they're worrying about a Black Mass inviting Satanic forces of evil into a Christian community.

Sheesh!  The Catholics are serious about this.  They actually believe Satanists can call up dark forces, like God and the Devil will have to fight a battle in some downtown park.  It's so fucking medieval.  LOL

http://news.yahoo.com/satanists-hold-controversial-black-mass-oklahoma-162207332--abc-news-topstories.html

GrinningYMIR

Those Satanists sure are a bunch of little rascals
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on September 10, 2014, 03:09:10 PMThe Catholics are serious about this.  They actually believe Satanists can call up dark forces, like God and the Devil will have to fight a battle in some downtown park.  It's so fucking medieval.  LOL
Yeah, it's pretty strange that Satanists don't really believe in Christianity, but Christians believe in Satanism.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 10, 2014, 03:27:14 PM
Yeah, it's pretty strange that Satanists don't really believe in Christianity, but Christians believe in Satanism.
I think that is the funniest part. lmao

Hydra009

Quote from: the articleThe co-founder of Dakhma of Angra Mainyu told ABC News that the religious and educational organization decided to hold the black mass in public but it will be a “tamer” version than some traditional satanic ceremonies by, for example, substituting vinegar for acts involving urine to comply with state health laws.
I can understand the lingerie and maybe we could work out a compromise on the bloodletting, but taking the piss out of the ritual is something I absolutely will not stand for.  Political correctness run amok!

QuoteThe parks and recreation department, which rented the space to the group for $420
:weed:  Though it would have been better if they paid a little extra to up it to $666.  :madu:

QuoteAdditional controversy has surrounded this particular event because the Oklahoma City Archdiocese filed a lawsuit against Daniels' group after media reports that he was in possession of a consecrated host, a wafer that some Catholics believe is literally the body of Christ.
"Oh noes, he has crackers!  Magic crackers!  This means war!"  WTF is wrong with you people?!

Quote"I remain concerned about the dark powers that this satanic worship invites into our community and the spiritual danger that this poses to all who are involved in it, directly or indirectly," Archbishop Paul Coakley said in a statement.
Yeah, they might get people to believe in all sorts of nonsense, like magic and supernatural beings.

_Xenu_

Satanists: Self proclaimed gods

...among trolls.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Hydra009

Quote from: _Xenu_ on September 10, 2014, 06:12:46 PM
Satanists: Self proclaimed gods

...among trolls.
Seriously.  If you can make the news and apparently cheese off a lot of people (just check the article's comments section, it's over 3000!) with only $420 and a 25-min activity, you are a doing very, very well as a trouble-maker.

stromboli

Yeah, they might do some evil deeds like improve the economy or create jobs and shit. Now THAT would put a knot in their knackers.

Desdinova

QuoteThe group is separate from The Satanic Temple, a national group with similar beliefs that has long fought with Oklahoma City officials about the right to have a statue of the devil placed prominently in the Oklahoma State Capitol.

If they succeed Oklahome atheists should petition to have their own statue, an empty plinth.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate