News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Fireballs Crash in Russsia

Started by SGOS, February 15, 2013, 08:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

http://news.yahoo.com/possible-meteor-s ... 33588.html

QuoteCHELYABINSK, Russia (Reuters) - More than 500 people were injured when a meteorite shot across the sky and exploded over central Russia on Friday, sending fireballs crashing to Earth, shattering windows and damaging buildings.

People heading to work in Chelyabinsk heard what sounded like an explosion, saw a bright light and then felt a shockwave according to a Reuters correspondent in the industrial city 1,500 km (950 miles) east of Moscow.

A fireball blazed across the horizon, leaving a long white trail in its wake which could be seen as far as 200 km (125 miles) away in Yekaterinburg. Car alarms went off, windows shattered and mobile phone networks were interrupted....

...A local ministry official said such incidents were extremely rare and Friday's events might have been linked to an asteroid the size of an Olympic swimming pool due to pass Earth at a distance of 27,520 km (17,100 miles) but this was not confirmed.

I can't remember what day that big asteroid was supposed to pass by us, but I'll guess this was associated with it.

StupidWiz

... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

AllPurposeAtheist

** in process of freaking out hoping asteroid veers of course to crush GOP side.of congress!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

StupidWiz

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"** in process of freaking out hoping asteroid veers of course to crush GOP side.of congress!
:lol:
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

Fidel_Castronaut

I have to say, the videos of it are some of the coolest things I've ever seen
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

stromboli

Took out a Zinc plant, apparently. Does God hate Zinc? I'll check the Bible.....mmm nope.

SGOS

Quote from: "stromboli"Does God hate Zinc? I'll check the Bible.....mmm nope.
No, it's still the homosexuals.  God gets so upset by them that he has these tantrums on a regular basis.  An innocent zinc plant just happened to be in the way.

Johan

Won't somebody think of the zinc?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "SGOS"I can't remember what day that big asteroid was supposed to pass by us, but I'll guess this was associated with it.

It wasn't. The big one passes today, but the two were in different orbits so it's just a hell of a coincidence.

ETA: Bad Astronomy has good info on both of them.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

BlackL1ght

[spoil:1xhhdgy2]

Mother?[/spoil:1xhhdgy2]
Vi veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Mathias

There must be some "window" in the Earth's electromagnetic field that is open in the region of the former USSR. In 1908 in Siberia and now the Urals!!!
Maybet god opened it just for fun?? :)
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

SGOS

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"
Quote from: "SGOS"I can't remember what day that big asteroid was supposed to pass by us, but I'll guess this was associated with it.

It wasn't. The big one passes today, but the two were in different orbits so it's just a hell of a coincidence.

Yes, a Hell of a big coincidence!

Colanth

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"

About 10 minutes until the show begins - http://events.slooh.com/
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust