News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

New

Started by Mike Cl, September 07, 2014, 04:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

I'm new here, but not to forums/boards.  I've frequented several in my days.  Most have dealt with christianity or religion in general; the other boards have dealt with baseball, my deepest philosophical interest. It's been awhile since I've been on a board and I look forward to swapping ideas and thoughts with those on this one.  Looks like an interesting place.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

DunkleSeele

Hi MIke,and welcome!

Mr.Obvious

Welcome Mike Cl, to our humble online abode. I hope you enjoy it here.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mike Cl

Thanks--think I will enjoy it here.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Solitary

Welcome aboard Mike Cl! My best friend is named Mike. I know you're not him, or you wouldn't be here.  :angel:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mike Cl

Don't give up hope, Solitary.  At one time I was the president of a church board! :))  With reason and thought, who knows what can change. :)

Solitary

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 07, 2014, 09:55:12 PM
Don't give up hope, Solitary.  At one time I was the president of a church board! :))  With reason and thought, who knows what can change. :)
I do have him interested in science now, but I understand why he believes, his wife died a horrible death from lupus, and he had them pull the plug, so to speak, and he has leukemia after having prostate cancer and blood clots like I had. He desperately wants to be with his wife again. This brings him comfort to think he will be with her again if he keeps believing. He's 71 like I am. I won't begrudge him of that. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mike Cl

That is a compassionate stance, Solitary.  I would not want to rob somebody in that condition of their hope.  That would be cruel.  I hope he beats it--or passes quickly.

PickelledEggs

Welcome Mike! Remember to BYOB at this year's BBQ. (bring your own baby) :lol:

GrinningYMIR

Welcome to the forum, your cannibalistic murders are to your left, the Xenophiliac perverts are to the right, the baby arm breadsticks are over yonder, and the bathroom is three doors down to the right
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Desdinova

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on September 08, 2014, 08:27:22 AM
Welcome to the forum, your cannibalistic murders are to your left, the Xenophiliac perverts are to the right, the baby arm breadsticks are over yonder, and the bathroom is three doors down to the right

and don't forget about the alien sex fetishes, just see ymir about them.

welcome aboard.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

antediluvian

Baseball is a philosophical interest?  OK. Welcome
I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Desdinova on September 08, 2014, 09:43:51 AM

and don't forget about the alien sex fetishes, just see ymir about them.

welcome aboard.

I am an expert on such topics
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Green Bottle

Afternoon Mike, and welcome from a soon to be Independent Scotland, hopefully. Och Aye......
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Mike Cl

Thanks again, for the welcome(s).  And Yes, baseball is a philosophical experience--or at least as much as I usually want. :)  A hot dog, a coke and a good game--what more is there????