On the economic front, Obama bested Reagan

Started by josephpalazzo, September 07, 2014, 03:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

QuoteEconomically, President Obama’s administration has outperformed President Reagan’s in all commonly watched categories.  Simultaneously the current administration has reduced the deficit, which skyrocketed under Reagan.  Additionally, Obama has reduced federal employment, which grew under Reagan (especially when including military personnel,) and truly delivered a “smaller government.”  Additionally, the current administration has kept inflation low, even during extreme international upheaval, failure of foreign economies (Greece) and a dramatic slowdown in the European economy.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2014/09/05/obama-outperforms-reagan-on-jobs-growth-and-investing/

Solitary

Thanks JP! All you seem to get on main stream media is how bad he is doing or his vacations---like he doesn't need one putting up with all the filibustering religious based bigotry and special interest groups. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

zarus tathra

Yeah Reagan was 100% pro big government. As were the fascists.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

Jason Harvestdancer

I guess this means Obama is a good Republican and Reagan is a good Democrat.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

antediluvian

However, his hated by conservatives is greater than any other president's hated by liberals.
I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on September 08, 2014, 02:34:08 PM
I guess this means Obama is a good Republican and Reagan is a good Democrat.
What a twist!
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Green Bottle

Wasnt Raygun the thickest president ever.....

until Boosh came along.      :dance:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

doorknob

good to see some news finally supporting our president. The media has poisoned the american people against a good president. I just hope republicans don't make it into office yet again and fuck every thing up.

Jason78

Don't the Democrats consistently handle money better than the Republicans?   I seem to remember Bill Clinton presiding over a federal budget with a surplus.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Minimalist

Quote from: antediluvian on September 08, 2014, 02:39:17 PM
However, his hated by conservatives is greater than any other president's hated by liberals.

Well he is half black.  Remember what you are dealing with when you say "conservatives."
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

SGOS

Quote from: Minimalist on September 09, 2014, 04:48:28 PM

Well he is half black.  Remember what you are dealing with when you say "conservatives."
For what it's worth, I saw an article a few years ago that compared stock market performance under both Republican and Democratic presidents.  The market seems to have done slightly better under Democratic administrations.  Now it was not a significant difference, with just a slightly better performance, but it does rather undermine the perception that Republicans are better fiscal managers.

Hijiri Byakuren

His foreign policy is still a fucking disaster.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 09, 2014, 06:11:39 PM
His foreign policy is still a fucking disaster.
Perhaps, still comparing to Bush, he's better. I know, comparing to Bush is setting the bar pretty low...