News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Man Is Made In The Image Of God!

Started by Solitary, September 06, 2014, 05:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Munch

Gods own image!

(if there was such a thing as hell, i'd be going to it)
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Green Bottle

You deserve to go to hell Munch for posting a pic like that,   is that a Sumo on steroids   ?
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :axe:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Munch

Well like I've once said, hell is where all the sexy people go, heaven's for the boring people.

Gawdzilla Sama

I'm heading for limbo. Heaven won't have me and Hell's afraid I'll take over.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

This is god's image. Or would you like to think of him as the result of 2 million years of human evolution?

christy starseeker

DUN INSULT JAYSUS GUYS ULL ALL GO 2 HELL CUZ HE LUVS U.

wait....

MagetheEntertainer

If god were real then "he" would be a women, he has lots of boring stories that you HAVE to listen to, he always wants you to compliment him, he always needs money for "some reason" all of his miracles are mostly about pageantry, and he wants you to have a personal relationship with just him.  (I'm kidding about this of course)

Lachish

I always assumed by made in the image of God, it meant that us humans had souls that were of the same nature of God.

PickelledEggs

I'm pretty sure everyone is born closer to this.

So does that make god a baby?

PickelledEggs

Munch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 11, 2014, 12:04:55 AM
I'm pretty sure everyone is born closer to this.

So does that make god a baby?

I think god might be more like a fetus.

SGOS

Quote from: Lachish on September 10, 2014, 10:56:42 PM
I always assumed by made in the image of God, it meant that us humans had souls that were of the same nature of God.
Well, one of religion's great benefits is that its stuff can be personally tweaked to suit your needs.  Some people do believe God is a man with a beard.  Most probably leave him undefined or a bit more nebulous.  Whatever!  He has a plan, and you play an important role in that plan.  You may not know exactly what the plan is, but by Gosh, it's a truly marvelous plan and has many unspecified benefits if you guess correctly.  Guess wrong and things get pretty ugly.  No one knows how good or ugly it might be, but it sure as Hell is good or ugly.

It's mysterious, but wonderful, ominous, and foreboding.

Desdinova

Man made God in his image, is more appropriate.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate