German scientists prove life after death

Started by PickelledEggs, September 06, 2014, 01:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/german-scientists-prove-there-is-life-after-death/

Quote0
Berlin| A team of psychologists and medical doctors associated with the Technische Universität of Berlin, have announced this morning that they had proven by clinical experimentation, the existence of some form of life after death. This astonishing announcement is based on the conclusions of a study using a new type of medically supervised near-death experiences, that allow patients to be clinically dead for almost 20 minutes before being brought back to life.

This controversial process that was repeated on 944 volunteers over that last four years, necessitates a complex mixture of drugs including epinephrine and dimethyltryptamine, destined to allow the body to survive the state of clinical death and the reanimation process without damage. The body of the subject was then put into a temporary comatic state induced by a mixture of other drugs which had to be filtered by ozone from his blood during the reanimation process 18 minutes later.

The extremely long duration of the experience was only recently made possible by the development of a new cardiopulmonary recitation (CPR) machine called the AutoPulse. This type of equipment has already been used over the last few years, to reanimate people who had been dead for somewhere between 40 minutes to an hour.

Near-death experiences have been hypothesized in various medical journals in the past, as having the characteristics of hallucinations, but Dr Ackermann and his team, on the contrary, consider them as evidence for the existence of the afterlife and of a form of dualism between mind and body.
The team of scientists led by Dr Berthold Ackermann, has monitored the operations and have compiled the testimonies of the subjects. Although there are some slight variations from one individual to another, all of the subjects have some memories of their period of clinical death. and a vast majority of them described some very similar sensations.

Most common memories include a feeling of detachment from the body, feelings of levitation, total serenity, security, warmth, the experience of absolute dissolution, and the presence of an overwhelming light.

The scientists say that they are well aware the many of their conclusions could shock a lot of people, like the fact that the religious beliefs of the various subjects seems to have held no incidence at all, on the sensations and experiences that they described at the end of the experiment. Indeed, the volunteers counted in their ranks some members are a variety of Christian churches, Muslims, Jews, Hindus and atheists.

“I know our results could disturb the beliefs of many people” says Mr Ackermann. “But in a way, we have just answered one of the greatest questions in the history of mankind, so I hope these people will be able to forgive us. Yes, there is life after death and it looks like this applies to everyone.”

I call bullshit though for the reason that there are zero citations to the studies they were talking about. (and I probably would have heard about it in places other than facebook.)

Sent from your mom

GrinningYMIR

If there's life after death what is the point of life in the first place?

Nah, I'll stick to my current lifestyle thank you very much
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mermaid

QuoteA team of psychologists and medical doctors associated with the Technische Universität of Berlin, have announced this morning that they had proven by clinical experimentation

Science is not about proof. ARGH. This makes me mental. But I guess that's the point. Nothing about this is credible.

Reading this allows me to draw the conclusion that this proves nothing. Subjective recounts and no way to control the "experiment".

So yeah. No.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hydra009

So let me get this straight, these people are clinically dead for longer than normal (up to an hour), then revived.  And supposedly, this proves "the existence of the afterlife and of a form of dualism between mind and body".

:wtff:

Hydra009

Dammit, didn't see the link.  That site is 100% baloney and can be safely ignored.  If I see this story make it to the mainstream press or a reputable science publication, then it has a shot.  Otherwise, it's garbage.

SGOS

These are the people that invented the BMW and the Volkswagen!  Oh my.

Desdinova

shit, they didn't have to go through all that.  i saw god after dropping a 4-way hit of windowpane back in 79.  saw mountains melt too.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

The Skeletal Atheist

Based off the source I think I can safely discount it. Those guys could say that rain is wet and I would begin to doubt myself.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Green Bottle

Total fucking bollock's, the test subjects obviously werent really fuckin dead just in a deep deep coma like state,a bit like me after a gd bottle of whisky..... :pidu: 
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Mr.Obvious

New study: messing with the brain and pumping drugs into your system makes you see shit.

What a shocker.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Munch

This reminds me of that movie Heaven Is for Real.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 06, 2014, 02:30:10 PM
http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/disclaimer/  Confirmed, it's a bogus site.
Oh. Good catch. I didn't see that. I was just going off of how there were no references to anything they said.