News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Glasgow Directions.

Started by Green Bottle, September 03, 2014, 05:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Bottle

Johnny was standing around on the corner minding his own business when a big flashy limo pulled up alongside, the driver leaned out the window and in a snooty english accent enquired, ''excuse me, do you have any idea how i might find my way to Glasgow Airport''
''Aye'', said Johnny,
''Buy a fuckin Sat Nav''...       
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

stromboli

Let me put it this way. If you want to start a fight in a Scottish bar, stand up and offer a toast to the queen.

Shiranu

Quote from: stromboli on September 03, 2014, 07:43:48 PM
Let me put it this way. If you want to start a fight in a Scottish bar, stand up and offer a toast to the queen.

Oh no, I get that bit, I just don't get if the sat nav is a reference to something :P>
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

sat nav = GPS

How he might find his way is with an electronic map because he can obviously afford it and because the person being ask doesn't want to give directions.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 03, 2014, 09:40:58 PM
sat nav = GPS

How he might find his way is with an electronic map because he can obviously afford it and because the person being ask doesn't want to give directions.

Oh. I thought there was a joke in there somewhere. Never mind :P.

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on September 03, 2014, 10:00:20 PM
Oh. I thought there was a joke in there somewhere. Never mind :P.
There is of course.  It's about a Scotsman.  That's why it's funn... err,,, well, I see your point.

stromboli

Went to Glasgow 4 times while in the Navy. There was one club where they had a lounge (for tourists, I expect) and a separate bar. The bar was mostly all guys. In the course of a couple of hours there were a few "disturbances in the force" coming from the bar. It seems that Scotsmen are opinionated and hold dearly to their opinions.

They are also very nice, polite to strangers and intelligent. I also heard some very good bands in those clubs. I love Scotland, it is still a wild and beautiful land deserving of a wild and beautiful people.

some of my most powerful memories are driving through the Highlands in our bus early in the morning with the fog looming in the ancient twisted oak trees. Another is driving past Loch Lomond in a cab early in the morning after sunrise, and seeing what appeared to be a vast meadow with a sign saying Loch Lomond. And then a duck swims across and the meadow ripples, and you realize it is the reflection of Ben Lomond behind it. Money allowing, I would live there in a heartbeat.

Green Bottle

Well it looks like nobody got the joke so  fuckit, no more......
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''