News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Which Afterlife Is the Best?

Started by MagetheEntertainer, September 01, 2014, 05:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

That wouldn't surprise me, you can only go so far with 70's tech and you can only push the envelope so far open. They were aiming for a creature that invoked the primal fear in a human. Even the camera angles effect the viewer, you get the xenomorph, a tremendous killing machine that is created via oral rape and even in its adult stages invokes sexual imagery. You have the fact that fire, man's primal defensive element, seems to be completely useless against this new threat, you get the fact that it does not kill you unless it feels it is necessary, it instead harvests you leaving you helpless as it does horrible things to your body, and finally there is the closed in spaces of the ship, which makes you feel that you're boxed in, unable to flee but also unable to see where the threat is.

There's also the debate that the xenomorph shoved its tail up the one woman's ass in the first film, it didn't according to the film makers, but the mere image of it still makes the human more afraid.

That's one of the few older horror movies that still scares me, and I've seen it multiple times
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

Don't forget the acid.  Even if you kill the damn thing, you're horribly messed up the process.

GrinningYMIR

The Xenomorph is one of the best combat life forms imagined thus far, it has a terrific terrorizing effect on the enemy, and it continues to plague them after its death while also spreading like a disease rapidly
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

MagetheEntertainer

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 02, 2014, 06:12:19 PM
Two questions. What is so bad about sex with alien chicks? and How do I join the Mage Faith????????????

I wouldn't mind banging the muslims alien chicks if they didn't have those crazy looking eyes :O.  To join the mage faith you have to give me all your money :D

Desdinova

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 03, 2014, 01:56:41 PM
Don't forget the acid.  Even if you kill the damn thing, you're horribly messed up the process.

Albert Hofmann says, "NEVER forget the acid!"

"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

MagetheEntertainer

Quote from: Desdinova on September 09, 2014, 11:23:14 AM
Albert Hofmann says, "NEVER forget the acid!"

This!  Plus your forum ranking is currently a mushroom :D

PickelledEggs

Quote from: MagetheEntertainer on September 09, 2014, 07:43:09 AM