News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hindu's Hate me on Tumblr

Started by MagetheEntertainer, September 01, 2014, 05:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagetheEntertainer

So on my personal tumblr blog, I made a post about 3 months ago that said "the Hindu Religion is Bullshit, but man are their gods Trippy" and I still to this day get anonymous messages sent to me from people that I assume are Hindu saying that I'm a piece of shit, and that they want to kill me, ect...  At first I was surprised that this was coming from the hindu's because typically this is the type of thing that I would expect Muslims to do.  So my question to you all is have you ever been harassed by Hindu's for being an atheist/insulting the Hindu religion?

Shiranu

I can honestly say I don't think I have ever said one thing, one way or another, controversial about the Hindu religion :P.

I will make a slight change to that and mention this; when Smite portrayed Kali, there was a huge uproar from Hindus that she was too nude, too sexualized.

The thing is... in the ancient pictures of her, she is fully nude except for human skulls and arms covering her privates... far less "clothing" than the Smite version had. Hindu's are not as... rational... as we would like to make them out to be. They are just as nutty as the rest of us.

But yes, it is the smite one that is too nude :P.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Solitary

Believing in multiple gods is even dumber than believing in one God to me. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mr.Obvious

Hinduïsm, budhism, other oriëntal religions, ... often seem like the peaceful variants and more 'open' variants to us because we don't deal with them on a near-daily basis. We don't hear about the shit the radicalized portion of their faiths get into or try to do because we're so preoccupied with the religious bullcrap happening closer to home. The East has had more than it's own fair share fundies holding them back though.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

Every religion makes absurd claims and creates outlandish myths, which under ordinary circumstances, no one in their right mind would believe.  If the fantasy gains traction, it becomes a sacred thing.  People defend their sacred outlandish myths with a zeal that no one would protect a known fact.  It always strikes me as odd that the less defensible a thing is, the more people will go to greater lengths to defend it.

stromboli

My personal 2 cents is that the people who wrote the Mahabharata- (Bhagavad Gida, Rig Veda, etc.) had to be high on something. There definitely is some trippy shit in there. My personal fave are Vimanas

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vimanas/esp_vimanas_9.htm

http://www.crystalinks.com/vimanas.html

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

MagetheEntertainer

Quote from: Solitary on September 01, 2014, 06:10:07 PM
Believing in multiple gods is even dumber than believing in one God to me. Solitary

Exactly! and that is one of the rebuttles that I made when replying to the first anon that sent me hateful messages, they replied 1 day later saying that I know nothing about Hinduism, after that I have ignored them because apparently they dont even know their own religion.

PickelledEggs

If Smite used this and translated it exactly to 3D CGI, it would be AMAZING

Sent from your mom

Aupmanyav

Quote from: MagetheEntertainer on September 01, 2014, 05:25:30 PM
So on my personal tumblr blog, I made a post about 3 months ago that said "the Hindu Religion is Bullshit, but man are their gods Trippy" and I still to this day get anonymous messages sent to me from people that I assume are Hindu saying that I'm a piece of shit, and that they want to kill me, ect...  At first I was surprised that this was coming from the hindu's because typically this is the type of thing that I would expect Muslims to do.  So my question to you all is have you ever been harassed by Hindu's for being an atheist/insulting the Hindu religion?
Don't worry, no Hindu is going to go to that length as to kill you. They are world-wise, and would not like to suffer in jail for killing some one like you. However, you do not understand Hinduism. Why did you say it is bullshit? You have a serious behavioral problem. Civil people do not do such a thing.
"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)

Aupmanyav

Quote from: Shiranu on September 01, 2014, 05:55:31 PM

But yes, it is the smite one that is too nude :P.
Only that the bulge is a bit too pronounced and the high-lighted. :D
"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)

Aupmanyav

Quote from: Solitary on September 01, 2014, 06:10:07 PM
Believing in multiple gods is even dumber than believing in one God to me.
How come?

Aupmanyav

Quote from: SGOS on September 02, 2014, 07:48:06 AM
Every religion makes absurd claims and creates outlandish myths, which under ordinary circumstances, no one in their right mind would believe.  If the fantasy gains traction, it becomes a sacred thing.  People defend their sacred outlandish myths with a zeal that no one would protect a known fact.  It always strikes me as odd that the less defensible a thing is, the more people will go to greater lengths to defend it.
Myths are but stories like Aesop's fables. There are variants of Hinduism with no bullshit and that go with science.

Aupmanyav

Quote from: stromboli on September 02, 2014, 09:34:07 AM
My personal 2 cents is that the people who wrote the Mahabharata- (Bhagavad Gida, Rig Veda, etc.) had to be high on something. There definitely is some trippy shit in there. My personal fave are Vimanas

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vimanas/esp_vimanas_9.htm
http://www.crystalinks.com/vimanas.html
That was to make the stories more interesting like the 900 odd years of Adam. Sure, Hindus liked to use Soma (probably Ephedra) and Marijuana, as also liquor (Madya - I think from Mada - Madness, Pride).

Aupmanyav

Quote from: MagetheEntertainer on September 06, 2014, 11:05:16 PM
Exactly! and that is one of the rebuttles that I made when replying to the first anon that sent me hateful messages, they replied 1 day later saying that I know nothing about Hinduism, after that I have ignored them because apparently they dont even know their own religion.
That is true. There are monotheistic Hindus, Monist Hindus, and even Atheist Hindus (I am one). The truth is that you do not know about Hinduism.