News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I'm So Jealous

Started by Solitary, August 31, 2014, 11:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

My son and his girlfriend just bought these two cars: On top is my sons' car, and on the bottom his girlfriends. It pays to go to an electronics school or college.

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Deidre32

I think I may be a wee bit jealous now, too. :D
Nice!
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Sinead Mc Namara

stromboli

This is what I'll be trading the Subaru in for. a toyota 4Runner, next Spring. I get my vehicles dirty.

AllPurposeAtheist

Meh ....eat your hearts out kids..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

Quote from: stromboli on November 21, 2014, 06:33:27 AM

This is what I'll be trading the Subaru in for. a toyota 4Runner, next Spring. I get my vehicles dirty.
You are going to miss your Subi!

stromboli

Quote from: Solitary on November 21, 2014, 10:23:32 AM
You are going to miss your Subi!

I promise you, I won't. The vehicles owned prior to the Subaru were a Ford F-150 4X4 that got seriously dirty and a Toyota Camry for the wife. She can't drive now, so we are being all budget conscious with one vehicle. Subarus are fine for city folk, but where I prefer to go they don't work.

Solitary

Then get a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. I had one, that I swear if it had enough traction, could go straight up in the lowest gears. Loved it but was not reliable after awhile. I was like ridding a bunking bronco on rough roads though, and speed bumps would put you through the roof. Was fun though. Toyotas are very reliable, had a pick up truck that I never had a problem with, but the dealerships think they are made of gold, and maintenance fees are ridiculous. You made a good choice! 

stromboli

Jeeps are made by Chrysler. Chrysler/Fiat has the worst overall quality rating of any car company on the planet.
I know a few Jeep owners and they have all had reliability issues. I have owned 2 Toyotas and never had any issues. Toyota 4Runners have a great reliability record.

Top gear did a show where they tried to destroy a Toyota Hilux (Toyota Tacoma over here). They blew it up, they drowned it, they dropped it ten stories and had a building fall on it. It still started. This was a vehicle with 150,000 mile on it. James May drove one up the side of an active volcano. James May and Jeremy Clarkson drove one to the North Pole, the first time an automotive vehicle ever got there. 4Runners have the same engine, transmission and 4X4 drive system. I have faith in Toyotas, so I'll stick with them.

AllPurposeAtheist

I loved the old boxy Land Cruisers and the old 70s Celicas. :super:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

agnostic

nice, you're jealous but i'm guessing you are also happy for your son that he is doing well.

My dad on the other hand would probably get severely depressed if he heard any news of me doing well.

Mermaid

Quote from: stromboli on November 21, 2014, 12:14:35 PM
I promise you, I won't. The vehicles owned prior to the Subaru were a Ford F-150 4X4 that got seriously dirty and a Toyota Camry for the wife. She can't drive now, so we are being all budget conscious with one vehicle. Subarus are fine for city folk, but where I prefer to go they don't work.
THAT IS BLASPHEMY.

My Subaru will go where a Rocky Mountain Goat will not dare to dwell. You take that back.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

Quote from: Solitary on November 21, 2014, 12:58:21 PM
Then get a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. I had one, that I swear if it had enough traction, could go straight up in the lowest gears. Loved it but was not reliable after awhile. I was like ridding a bunking bronco on rough roads though, and speed bumps would put you through the roof. Was fun though. Toyotas are very reliable, had a pick up truck that I never had a problem with, but the dealerships think they are made of gold, and maintenance fees are ridiculous. You made a good choice! 
We had a Wrangler. Two, in fact. I loved having a Jeep just for the cool factor. However, it was rough, loud, and very bad on gas. And the seats hurt my back. AND a mouse got into it and caused all sorts of shit with the electrical system. And recently my husband witnessed a rear-end collision to a Jeep that resulted in the gas tank exploding and the driver died as a result.

No more Jeeps for us.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR