News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

My favorite band of all time.

Started by Brian37, August 31, 2014, 10:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I've had a lot of favorite bands over the span of my life, crossing many different genres, and at specific historical points in time.  I don't believe there can be a favorite of all time, at least not for me.  There are just some bands that captured my devoted attention in the context of society's ever changing musical values.

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VJEMszX5xI

Project 86.  First band I ever really liked.  They have this raw, aggressive sound that really appeals to me.

Desdinova

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on September 04, 2014, 10:58:59 PM
No guessing required.

You aren't the first person on this forum to use that BOC album cover as an avatar, but I don't remember who used it before or if they are still around.

As for me...

Very good Pappy!

Sabbath ranks right up there for me too.  Did you ever get to see the Black and Blue tour?  I know Ozzy wasn't with them but they were pretty good with Dio as well.  Heaven and Hell is one of my favourites!
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

GalacticBusDriver

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on August 31, 2014, 10:31:15 PM
KMFDM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ABBA

Untrained monkeys banging sticks on rocks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ABBA
"We should admire Prometheus, not Zues...Job, not Jehovah. Becoming a god, or godlike being, is selling out to the enemy. From the Greeks to the Norse to the Garden of Eden, gods are capricious assholes with impulse control problems. Joining their ranks would be a step down."

From "Radiant" by James Alan Gardner

Solitary

Favorite band? I have so many I liked I can't pick a favorite, But Rush, Santana, The Doors, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Queensrÿche, Queens, and of course, Joan Jett and the Black Hearts, as well as Fleetwood Mac and Alice Cooper, both local groups. I might mention another local group, The Crazy Cats, a garage band that I did a logo for. These have all been my favorites the first time I heard them, Maybe not Crazy Cats though.  Bad Blood between me and the drummer!  :anal:  And I think my favorite now has to be Joan Jett and the Black hearts, Simple good old three cord rock with the best female voice in rock.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Green Bottle

Had so many favourite bands over the years , way bk to the 70s when i bought my 1st album, Changesonebowie, loved that album an it was never off my record player, lol record player, anyway was into Bowie an T rex an Slade  an the Stones and then got into stuff like Alice cooper an Kiss, ahh them were the days. later when Punk exploded in britain i got into it and bands like the Pistols and The Clash, Sham 69, the Skids, Stranglers an the Buzzcocks, ah loved punk music cos it was so different , like a breath of fresh air tho i still liked rock music an still do. But my all time favourite band ever is Pink Floyd.................... :pidu: :kidra:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Solitary

Forgot about them, liked them too.

AllPurposeAtheist

Top this oddball
Liberace - A Gershwin Medley - The Liberace Show: http://youtu.be/sTcgdc1MIJ0
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

PickelledEggs

Why did I read the title of this thread, look at the OP, and click on this thinking that it would be a different band?

Solitary

Green Bottle

Green Bottle

This is an excellent version of one of my fav Metallica songs, what u think  ?

http://youtu.be/QohUdrgbD2k

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

:naughty: Now wait just a minute I was Big Daddy first!