Author Topic: TV Series Thread  (Read 31694 times)

Re: TV Series Thread
« Reply #345 on: April 20, 2018, 09:39:28 AM »

Granted, the finished product may look completely different...but I gotta say, this is one of the few DC shows I would actually be interested in watching and them looking like crap is throttling my mild hopes in the crib.  (let's just say that I would NOT be a blue lantern candidate, lol)

They all look terrible, especially Starfire, who has that "does your mother know you're wearing her drapes" kind of look. From what I've heard, it sounds like they're changing her personality too. Now she's a bad ass, no nonsense type. If that's true, they clearly don't understand the character at all. And what's the deal with dyeing their hair all these bright colors? Did they think that green hair was a substitute for green skin? They don't look like super heroes. They look like they just came from Hot Topic.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville

Offline trdsf

« Reply #346 on: April 20, 2018, 11:32:23 AM »
They all look terrible, especially Starfire, who has that "does your mother know you're wearing her drapes" kind of look. From what I've heard, it sounds like they're changing her personality too. Now she's a bad ass, no nonsense type. If that's true, they clearly don't understand the character at all. And what's the deal with dyeing their hair all these bright colors? Did they think that green hair was a substitute for green skin? They don't look like super heroes. They look like they just came from Hot Topic.
The cosplayers actually do the better job of looking like the actual comic book characters than the cartoon or live-action portrayals do.

Now, there *is* actually a good reason for not making Beast Boy his proper comic book color in live-action TV -- green screen special effects.
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes
"I thought I committed regicide today, but I committed deicide!" -- Sadie Doyle, Beyond Belief

« Reply #347 on: April 20, 2018, 02:09:49 PM »
The cosplayers actually do the better job of looking like the actual comic book characters than the cartoon or live-action portrayals do.

Now, there *is* actually a good reason for not making Beast Boy his proper comic book color in live-action TV -- green screen special effects.

Wouldn't the hair still be a problem for green screen?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville

Offline trdsf

« Reply #348 on: April 20, 2018, 03:42:03 PM »
Wouldn't the hair still be a problem for green screen?
It may be a safe shade; I'd've thought it would be problematic too, but bluescreen is also an alternative.  It's one they couldn't use in Supergirl when they started introducing Legionnaires -- there was a certain amount of fansquawk over Brainiac 5 being blue.  But, realistically, they couldn't leave him green and then bluescreen because then the lead character's costume disappears...
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes
"I thought I committed regicide today, but I committed deicide!" -- Sadie Doyle, Beyond Belief

Offline Baruch

« Reply #349 on: April 20, 2018, 06:26:50 PM »
It may be a safe shade; I'd've thought it would be problematic too, but bluescreen is also an alternative.  It's one they couldn't use in Supergirl when they started introducing Legionnaires -- there was a certain amount of fansquawk over Brainiac 5 being blue.  But, realistically, they couldn't leave him green and then bluescreen because then the lead character's costume disappears...

What is wrong with the lead character's costume disappearing (if you know what I mean)?
שלום

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk