Author Topic: TV Series Thread  (Read 86207 times)

Offline Shiranu

Re: TV Series Thread
« Reply #825 on: June 28, 2020, 03:22:34 PM »
Seems like you can't enjoy anything these days without someone heavily involved trying to groom fans.

Yep. Just 3-4 days ago one of my favorite producers (who has had a questionable history with women in the past) had a slew of allegations come forth again, this time both more credible and more serious. These allegations also come from a tour with a DJ who was destroyed a few years ago for drugging and raping multiple women.

I wonder if getting rid of "celebrity culture" might go a long way towards fixing this problem, or if even without all that shit going to their heads most would still abuse their positions to exploit people. In Space Jesus's case, I know he has a pretty long history of drug abuse which I know doesn't help, but I feel like a lot of these abusers don't even have that "excuse".
ACAB

Online GSOgymrat

« Reply #826 on: June 28, 2020, 03:35:01 PM »
Fame and money often amplify people's vices, including coercing people to have sex.

“You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.”

― Pema Chödrön

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #827 on: June 28, 2020, 03:42:52 PM »
I can't handle Final Space. It feels like OK... then it doesn't happen. 

'the wise man does not seek enlightenment, he waits for it. so while ı was waiting, it occurred to me that seeking perplexity might be more fun.’ - lu-tze

Offline Sal1981

« Reply #828 on: June 30, 2020, 04:27:03 AM »
Fame and money often amplify people's vices, including coercing people to have sex.

The reporter probably thought he would say something mundane like buy a house or something.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" --- Richard P. Feynman