News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TV Series Thread

Started by PickelledEggs, August 26, 2014, 06:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Recently got into Indian "real crime" drama.  Very well done cop show, dramatized real cases.  Fear and hope.  Real serious crimes, like murder, rape etc.  Everything is happening in modern India.  And the cops always get their suspects.  The failings of human beings are the same everywhere, the propaganda of Cops Lives Matter is everywhere.

eg: Crime Patrol Dastak - Ep 972 ... is one of many that have English subtitles for the Hindi spoken.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Russian Doll.

Super. I loved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X3HKEC68EM

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mr.Obvious

Titans

Really? I mean: really?!

After your first season in which you almost masterfully balance on the thin line between watchable and good enough to at least invest in the characters, you decide to leave it on a cliffhanger? You haven't earned a goddamned season cliffhanger!
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

drunkenshoe

Russian Doll.

That cunt will grow on you, I promise.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 17, 2019, 08:15:29 PM
Russian Doll.

That cunt will grow on you, I promise.

The preview I just saw ... great exercise in paranoia.  Doesn't she know the most dangerous place in the house is the bathroom?  Why multiple deaths on the stairway?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Fuck you.

They made her say: "...Kind of the black hole meets They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?...”

Now explain this to the kids here. Without the obvious.

Millennials are the actual 'horses' you know, right?

Shiranu

I think it's time for me to finally watch Firefly. Also started Cowboy Bebop for the first time a week ago...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 17, 2019, 10:09:07 PM
Fuck you.

They made her say: "...Kind of the black hole meets They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?...”

Now explain this to the kids here. Without the obvious.

Millennials are the actual 'horses' you know, right?

You criticize my black praise of the movie, or my observation that the pratfalls on the stair are a bit repetitive and therefore a bit droll?

They Shoot Horses Don't They ... that is a 1969 movie about 1930s abusive competitions.  Don't see your point.

Or is the movie in question a commentary on Eternal Return by Nietzsche?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Shiranu on April 18, 2019, 12:32:50 AM
I think it's time for me to finally watch Firefly. Also started Cowboy Bebop for the first time a week ago...

Careful. Somebody royally fucked up when it came to the order the episodes were aired. They're all jumbled up. Also, the show got cancelled, most likely do to the previously mentioned fuckup. But there is a movie that ties up loose ends and essentially gives us the ending the writers had in mind, albeit with significantly less buildup.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on April 18, 2019, 12:32:50 AM

I LOVED COWBOY BEBOP!  Where are you watching it from the start?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on April 18, 2019, 01:01:24 AM
You criticize my black praise of the movie, or my observation that the pratfalls on the stair are a bit repetitive and therefore a bit droll?

They Shoot Horses Don't They ... that is a 1969 movie about 1930s abusive competitions.  Don't see your point.

Or is the movie in question a commentary on Eternal Return by Nietzsche?

Because it's none of it. That line sums up the situation she is in perfectly. It's a good show. Also, I love They Shoot Horses Don't They very much. And that was a drunk post, want me to delete?

drunkenshoe

GLOW

[spoiler]This is probably one of the silliest thing I have ever watched. I never guessed it would be funny and fun to watch, I just clicked out of curiosity. It's about a bunch of women who are trying to make a fake wrestling (I dunno what's that called) show and their director. It goes in 80s. LOL I have no idea what's about it is really silly, stupid and fun. There are good refs and lines. I hate those fake wrestling things. But then there is no real fake wrestling in the show either. As I said it is silly, but it is really good.[/spoiler]

Baruch

Turkish wrestling ... big guys all oiled up with olive oil ... very ancient.  So you should be culturally attuned to real wrestling.  A Turkish wrestler who faked a bout, would he have to shave off his proud mustache? (rhetorical question).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on April 19, 2019, 12:51:54 PM
Turkish wrestling ... big guys all oiled up with olive oil ... very ancient.  So you should be culturally attuned to real wrestling.  A Turkish wrestler who faked a bout, would he have to shave off his proud mustache? (rhetorical question).

I haven't really watched honestly. Like they have always been there forever. About faking, I have no idea, but I don't think he wold survive during the match though,lol. They are called pehlivan(s).

But that Glow show is good. I am watching the second season.

E: Also, Zoya Destroya is your kind of woman, Baruch! :p LOOOL

Baruch

Yeah, I like Russian women.  I like most women (for their visual appeal).  But that is superficial.  Personalty and character matter more.  See I am not a misogynist.  I just won't excuse bad behavior by anyone.  So under current conditions I can't support feminism (which I would normally do) because it is a hyper-partisan echo chamber.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.